Sunday, June 01, 2008

Menu Plan Monday: Starting a New Month


I am so excited for the beginning of June and eating and preparing lots of summer foods: cold pasta salads, fruit salads, corn on the cob, hamburgers and bratwursts. We have already started eating some of our lunches outdoors and we'll soon be doing daily. I especially love to eat breakfast outside in the morning. It is a beautiful way to start the day.
We will be doing our monthly grocery shopping this morning. I always get excited abouot coming home with all of the food and filling up our fridge, freezer, and pantry. (Yeah, I know it's a little silly, but that's just me!) Our meals this week will focus around beginning to stock the freezer for the rest of the month. Here is what we will be eating:
Breakfast
M - Waffles
T - Chocolate Chip Muffins (double for freezer)
W - French toast (triple for freezer)
Th - Oatmeal and bananas
F - Banana bread french toast
Su - Pancakes (triple for freezer)
Lunch
M - Tuna spread w/ crackers, strawberries
T - Ham & cheese sandwiches, yogurt, grapes
W - Pizza grilled cheese, carrot sticks
Th - Hard-boiled eggs, cheese slices, grapes
F - Quesadillas, yogurt
S - Black bean and corn nachos
Su - BLTs, homemade potato chips, applesauce
Dinner
M - Tacos (brown extra beef for freezer), homemade refried beans
T - Stuffed shells (double for freezer), fresh green beans, garlic bread
W - Chicken pasta salad
S - Bratwursts, Oven-Baked Parm Fries, corn on the cob
Su - Pretzel chicken (double for freezer), brown rice pilaf, cantalopue
Has the 3 Moms’ series left you wanting more? Then stop by our new website - Happy to be at Home. This site is a collaborative effort of Joy, and Toni, and myself, the original 3 Moms from our “3 Moms, 3 Kitchens, 31 Days” series. Our vision for this new website is to create a haven where all women can find encouragement and inspiration in their homemaking duties. The 3 Moms believe all women—including housewives, stay-at-home and work-at-home moms, homeschooling moms, and even women who work outside of the home—can discover the joy in being Happy to be at Home.
And for even more menu plans, don't forget to stop by I'm An Organizing Junkie.

4 comments:

Laura 10:22 PM  

Kate...I'm SO EXCITED about your new website!! I just added your link to my links page. I know it will be a wonderful encouragement for many women!

Nancy 8:10 AM  

Your week sounds good. You're not the only mom who gets excited when you re-stock the fridge and pantry. I do too! I think it's because I like having resources at my fingertips.
I'm going to have to try the garlic chicken & spinach w/spaghetti dish. Sounds delish.

Candace 2:06 PM  

Your menu looks yummy! I haven't had BLTs since last harvest, can't wait for fresh tomatoes!

Niki Jolene 3:05 PM  

I haven't had stuffed shells in years!

Sounds good!

:)

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP