Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Garlic Chicken & Spinach over Spaghetti

Some of the favorite meals at our house come from me just throwing some stuff that sounds good together in a skillet. This is one of my latest creations and it sure is good! It also smells awesome while it is cooking. I love the fact that it tastes great either hot or cold. We could eat it hot for dinner and then cold the next day for lunch as a pasta salad. I'm sure it would also be versatile enough to allow for the addition of other veggies or herbs, although I haven't done that yet. It also fits in perfectly with my cooking method since it reheats great. (Plus, you can also offer the variety at dinner time to have it either hot or cold.) Here's the recipe.

Garlic Chicken & Spinach over Spaghetti
2-4 chicken breasts*
1/2 onion, sliced thin
7 cloves garlic, finely diced
1/2-1 bag frozen spinach*
nutmeg, pepper, salt, Italian seasoning (no particular amounts, I just sprinkle in what looks good to me)
2 c. chicken stock
a few splashes of milk
1/2 box spaghetti noodles, cooked

Lightly grease a large skillet (I use olive oil) and warm over medium heat. Salt and pepper chicken breasts to taste. Place in skillet to brown. Flip after 3-5 minutes. Brown other side for 3-5 minutes, reduce heat to med-low, cover pan and cook an additional 20-25 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and cube. If needed, add more oil to the pan. Add the onion and let cook for about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 3 more minutes. Stir in spinach and seasonings, cook until combined. Toss the chicken cubes back into the pan. Add the chicken stock, bring to a boil and let boil until reduced by half, stirring frequently. Add the milk and cook about 1 more minute. Toss well with spaghetti noodles. Eat or refrigerate until later.

*If you use only 2 chicken breasts, use the whole bag of spinach, and vice-versa. You could probably even omit the chicken altogether and still have a great meal. (Maybe add some toasted walnuts or top with cheese for extra protein.)

Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP