Saturday, May 31, 2008

A Tale of 3 Moms

Once upon a time there were 3 Moms. They loved to write about cooking, homemaking, homeschooling, saving money, and other things related to being at home. Then one day, one of the moms had an idea. She decided to record her shopping, meals, and recipes for an entire month! When another mom read about her plan and asked if she could join in, the first mom was happy to have a partner in her endeavor. Mom number three, not wanting to be left out, decided to join the fun too. For 31 days these 3 Moms planned, shopped, baked, took pictures and wrote everything down. As the 31 days were coming to an end, our 3 Moms were sad, and their readers were sad. Their journey together had been fun, challenging, and inspiring. Did it have to end?

The 3 Moms knew they couldn’t keep writing and photographing each and every morsel of food that went into their mouths. But they also felt like they had more to say about other things, like homeschooling, frugal living, simplifying, and motherhood. It wasn’t long before an idea was born. A new home, a place where moms could go to be encouraged by “real moms.” Moms who feed their kids cake for dinner, who can’t always get breakfast on the table, and moms who burn things, including themselves.

These 3 Moms want you to know that you are not alone in your journey through motherhood. Please join them as they chronicle their homemaking successes, failures, tips, and tricks. Each day you will find something to inspire you, to make you laugh, to make you think, or to assist you in your home. The 3 Moms believe all women—including housewives, stay-at-home and work-at-home moms, homeschooling moms, and even women who work outside of the home—can discover the joy in being Happy to be at Home.

We invite you to visit our new website - Happy to be at Home - Real Women offering Real Encouragement.





Top Graphic courtesy of allposters.com.

1 comments:

Nancy 8:55 AM  

Woohoo! The new site is up. And, I noticed a picture of you with the new short hairdo! It's lovely.

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP