Tuesday, May 06, 2008

A 3 Moms Tip for the Day

Joy, Toni and I all want to keep things realistic as we go through the 3 Moms, 3 Kitchens, 31 Days series. So, in keeping with that spirit, allow me to share with you a tip I learned today.

It is not wise to stir a large stockpot full of lasagna with a teaspoon from your flatware set. You see, some of the noodles may stick to the bottom of the pot. And then you may think to yourself, "I really should stir those better." So you will then reach your hand further into the pot to stir the noodles. You will forget you are holding only a teaspoon. You will immerse at least one of your fingers completely in a pot full of boiling water. You will try to not drop the baby that you are holding when the intense pain finally reaches your brain. You will try not to swear, after all, you are a Christian and do not swear anymore. You will run to the sink and stick your finger under the faucet. You will forget that the last time you had the faucet on was to fill up said pot, and you used HOT water because it comes to a boil faster. You will mutter something under your breath that might be mistaken for a swear if you removed all the extra letters. You will sigh in relief when the cold water finally hits, as you will every 5 minutes for the next hour until you actually stop to take care of it properly. You will be very aggravated with yourself until you realize that this will make an interesting post on your blog.

I am sure Toni and Joy will have plenty of other tips for you, so please don't forget to pay them a visit, and come back later when I will have our day's meals posted.

4 comments:

6intow 9:38 PM  

Love your rendition of your burn! :-) Just went through this recently myself (minus the teaspoon and boiling water and plus moving a crockpot away from the counter's edge).

A little tip, I have diluted lavendar oil (a wonderful essential oil for lots of things). I put it on my burn and aside from soothing it quickly, it also left no mark despite the blister that started to develop within minutes initially.

Hope your fingers are healed/ing.
~Erin

Anonymous,  11:12 PM  

Kate-
I don't think I have any tips that can compare to that one! I hope your finger is feeling better soon!
Toni

Anonymous,  2:27 AM  

Oh, Kate, you make me laugh! I'm sorry it hurt, but boy, it sure was funny to read!

Andie 1:07 PM  

OUCH!!! I once dropped a shell noodle (full of boiling water!) down my shirt where it was caught and held by a certain piece of "unmentionable" clothing...where it sat right against my skin (in a very delicate and sensitive area I might add!)
Who knew cooking pasta was so dangerous!
Hope you are feeling better soon...those burns seem to hurt FOREVER!
Blessings-Andie

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP