Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wild Children Bring Me Wild Daisies

I never knew that daisies grew wild. I'm still not sure that they do, but in our backyard today, the kids found a batch of daisies growing in the middle of some weeds and rocks. They were so excited with this discovery.

Isabelle was the first child who ran over to me with the others on her heels. They asked if they could pick the flowers for me. How could I say no to that?So away they ran back down the hill. I watched them take turns choosing and picking the flowers. Within a few minutes, they all came running back up that hill. The smiles on their faces were evident before they were within earshot.

One by one, they presented me with their fistful bundles of flowers. Olivia went all out and actually pulled her daisies out of the ground, roots and all. If I had had more forethought, we would have planted those daisies right by our backdoor. Instead, I trimmed the roots and added them to my "vase" (an empty glass) with all the others.

These flowers are beautiful. I smile every time I look at them. Their simplicity, their meaning, the fact that they were given easily yet lovingly from my children...all those things I see when I glimpse at those flowers.
Is there any better way to add peace to a busy kitchen than to have a bouquet of fresh, hand-picked wild daisies as a backdrop to dirty dishes?

Visit The Diaper Diaries for more Things I Love Thursday and Amy's Finer Things for more Finer Things Friday.

10 comments:

Omah's Helping Hands 11:26 PM  

Isn't it great how the simple things in life can bring so much joy! How sweet and they are just beautiful. It's so sweet how your children obviously love you. :) So much joy and happiness in this post. God Bless!

Mikki 9:14 AM  

oh! I love daisies. How sweet!!!
What a blessed mama you are!

Sue 5:02 PM  

Daisies were my Mom's favorite flower so they are particularly special to me! Aren't they the happiest flower?

Enjoy your precious gift from your sweet ones :-)

Angie 6:07 PM  

What a find! Aren't they the happiest flowers? Yes, a great distraction from the dishes. Cute!

Hoosier Homemade 7:25 AM  

I love daisies too! Thanks for sharing!
~Liz

Raise Them Up 8:33 PM  

They're perfect, simply perfect. :)

Amber @ Classic Housewife 3:40 PM  

Beautiful!! We have tons of wild daisy-like flowers here. We also have some that are a light purple and some that are a dark red. I don't have a clue what any of them are, but they're all lovely!!

My kids often bring me handfuls of fowers, but lately, if they find only a few of something, I've overheard my eldest saying, "no, let's not pick them, so they can make more for next year."

LOVE IT. :)

Amy @ Finer Things 6:49 PM  

These are growing wild in our neighbor's yard this year! Crazy... so pretty and simple. :)

annies home 10:59 AM  

love daisies what a simple suprise

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP