Sunday, March 08, 2009

Menu Plan - Week of 3/9

Our monthly grocery shopping trip has gotten a little off schedule and we've been shopping a bit later in the month. Our trip this month was on Friday, so I have lots of freezer cooking planned for this week. Last month I didn't get as many full meals in the freezer as I like to have, so I'm planning to remedy that. I also snagged a few great deals on markdown produce, so I'll prep all of that and get it in the freezer.



Wednesday is Gracie's birthday, so we'll be celebrating it simply at lunch time. That way Eric will be home to celebrate with us. Over the weekend, we will be doing the big celebration for her birthday in conjunction with my father-in-law's birthday party. I'm not entirely sure of the meal plans for that day, or what I'll be making other then the BEST birthday cake ever, so my weekend meals are up in the air right now.



Breakfast

  • M - Fruit-filled crepes (double crepes for freezer)
  • T - Chocolate chip muffins (double for freezer) & smoothies
  • W - Pancakes (triple for freezer)
  • Th - Bacon & cheese bread (double for freezer) & bananas
  • F- Apple-spiced oatmeal
  • S - Cheesy scrambled eggs & toast
  • Su - TBD

Lunch

  • M - Hard-boiled eggs, cheese & crackers, peaches
  • T - Turkey sandwiches, applesauce
  • W - Peanut butter wontons w/ strawberry jam dip, yogurt parfait, carrot sticks
  • Th - Tuna pasta salad, apples
  • F - Grilled cheese, oranges
  • S & Su - TBD

Dinner

  • M - General Tso's chicken and stir-fried veggies over brown rice (Make extra to chop up and freeze for wonton/egg roll stuffing)
  • T -Spaghetti pie, green beans (Handle all the ground beef for the month - 1 batch meatloaf cups, 1 batch meatballs, 1 Mexican lasagna, 1 pkg. sloppy joe meat, 8 pkgs. browned ground beef w/onions)
  • W - White chicken chili (Thicken 1/3 and make green chicken enchiladas for freezer)
  • Th - Mexican black bean rice bowls (double and use extra beans for wet burritos for freezer)
  • F - Ham & cheesy potato casserole, oven-roasted broccoli, make birthday cake
  • S & Su - TBD

Extra Freezer Work:

  • Make sausage & cream cheese turnovers (for breakfast or lunch)
  • Make 2 dozen pizza bagels
  • Make waffles for freezer
  • Make bread doughs for freezer
  • Make double batch oatmeal raisin cookies & freeze 3/4 dough in balls
  • Saute mushrooms (1/2 as is for cream of substitute & 1/2 for spaghetti sauce)
  • Dice green peppers and freeze
  • Saute celery
Stop by Org Junkie for hundreds more menu plans.

5 comments:

Jennifer 10:05 PM  

Oh I would love your recipe for General Tso's chicken (I don't think I spelled that right). That is what I always get when we go out for chinese food.

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam 10:22 PM  

Look at you - you have a great freezer week planned. I was happy, I got tons done last night. It's amazing what you can do in just an hour when we plan, isn't it? :)

Anonymous,  2:59 AM  

I love being able to pull meals from my freezer! I need to make a plan to have a freezer stocking week! Your menu looks great!

Goat Gal 11:08 AM  

I am in awe of your organization! Bravo planning your freezer cooking too!

Michelle 7:38 PM  

wow. impressive. And I was excited that I got some muffins and other breakfast foods done. baby steps I guess. thanks for the inspiration!

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP