Monday, January 26, 2009

PB&J...With A Twist

This weekend, Eric requested cream cheese wontons for lunch. That's a favorite around our house for sure. Unfortunately, I only had enough cream cheese to make a about a dozen. I decided to get creative and come up with another wonton-lunch alternative.

Peanut butter seemed only logical. They turned out SO good. The peanut butter got nice and melty and they were delicious dipped in strawberry jam. The kids fell in love instantly, and Eric and I definitely agreed.

All I did was add about a teaspoon of peanut butter into the center of a wonton wrapper, sealed and fried on both sides in about an inch of hot oil. Super easy!

There have been lots of sales lately where I've found the wrappers on sale for just $1 a pack too. Half a package is plenty for our family of 6 for lunch too, so that's not bad at all!

Stop by Blessed With Grace for more Tempt My Tummy Tuesday and Tammy's Recipes for more Kitchen Tip Tuesday and Forever Wherever for Tasty Tuesday.

And be sure to stop by Blissfully Domestic for I Am Blissfully Domestic.

i am bd gloves

12 comments:

Brenda 6:38 AM  

That looks fun!

Pierrette 8:37 AM  

my hubby said weird, but in a good way...i think i may need to try this but dip them in chocolate.

Anonymous,  9:27 AM  

Thanks for joining us for Tasty Tuesday! These sound great and I'll have to try them both ways! My kids love peanut butter and we love cream cheese! Thanks for the recipe!
-Kim

Shynea @ Penny Pinching Diva 1:13 PM  

You are a genius in the kitchen. We love PB&J at my house and I have wonton wrappers in the refrigerator now. I am definitely going to make these for my boys this weekend.

Anonymous,  1:27 PM  

What a great idea! Sounds yummy!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace 3:22 PM  

That is a GREAT idea!! Love it.

Sarah 4:02 PM  

Yum!!! I think these would be great.

Unknown 6:09 PM  

I mean seriously, how delicious can you get : ). A fried peanut butter and jelly sandwhich : ). Very creative take on the peanut butter and jelly sandwhich! Yummy! I love wonton wrappers a ton!

alpinekleins 12:01 AM  

This sounds like a fantastic idea - way to be creative! I like the idea of adding the chocolate to dip in, next thing you know it's a REECE's wanton - ha!

Kristin

American Homemaker 9:24 AM  

I love making cream cheese wontons. Why not pb & j? MMmmmm

Jenn 11:32 AM  

I've never made wonton's but totally should try it. Another good one would be a pizza wonton-pizza sauce-finely chopped pepperoni & little shredded cheese mixed together-that's sounds yummo to me!

Cara 7:42 PM  

Made these tonight for dinner. There are SO good, just like you said. I haven't made a recipe of yours I haven't liked yet.

Thanks for sharing!

Cara/simplycara.com

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP