Monday, December 08, 2008

Procrastination Must Be My Middle Name

Remember a few weeks ago when I shared about the wonderful bags full of hand me downs that I was blessed with? I said at the time that since I had gotten everything washed and folded all I had left to do was sort through my old clothes to make room for the new stuff.

Then I got sidetracked with cookie making and the trip to my parents house. The clothes went untouched the whole time. Finally, when our bedroom corner started looking like this, I decided I had really better tackle the project once and for all.

So I emptied my closet and all of my drawers and sorted through everything. There was something very cathartic in the whole process. I ended up with 4 bags of clothes to donate and 2 bags of summer clothes for the attic. I can't remember the last time I had so many clothes that I couldn't keep the entire year's worth in my bedroom.

Then I hung or folded everything back up and organized my closet and drawers.
Yes, I am going to show off each drawer. I am hoping that preserving the memory now, so that I can go back and look at it any time I want, will motivate me to keep them looking this way.

It felt like such an accomplishment. And it really is nice to have our bedroom back in order.

For more Tackle-It Tuesday, stop by 5 Minutes For Mom.

For more Talk About Tuesday, visit The Lazy Organizer.

11 comments:

Mrs. O 12:43 AM  

What a sense of accomplishment you must feel - wow!

Judy 8:13 AM  

For a second I thought you had snuck into my room and took some pictures! My room is always the catch all room and if I don't stay on top of it it becomes the black hole (as hubby has named it).
What a great job you did on organizing it all.
BTW, I made the chocolate crinkly cookies Friday----yummy!! Even my husband, who is not a chocolate person, liked them. I can't wait to make them again.

A Christian Mom 8:34 AM  

It looks great!

Susie 10:35 AM  

Great tackle!! It's so much easier when the closets and drawers are organized.

Tiffers 12:22 PM  

What a fantastic tackle! Wow!

Anonymous,  12:31 PM  

I wish I had clothes handed to me. W/money getting tighter and me needing things it would be nice. I found the styles that fit my body type and need to shop. But it is a slow process.

More Than Words 12:50 PM  

That was a HUMONGO tackle!!! Good job!!

Jendeis 1:30 PM  

You rock Kate!!

Anonymous,  1:52 PM  

Definitely an accomplishment to be proud of!

Anonymous,  2:05 PM  

Good for you for finally getting it done!

DeuceMom 6:01 PM  

That's fantastic! You're really showing your appreciation for the gift by passing on the things you can't use. Great tackle!

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP