Monday, November 17, 2008

My New Clothes

Last week I was blessed with 3 large garbage bags full of clothes and 1 bag of shoes. The clothes were from Eric and my good friend's sister-in-law. She cleaned out her closets and asked if I could use some clothes. She also faithfully provides us with wonderful hand-me-down clothes for our girls.

I was obviously thrilled with all of these wonderful new clothes. I spent the first day sorting through everything and bagged up all of the summer-weather-only clothes for the attic.

Then I spent the next several days washing everything and getting it all neatly folded. I also spent those days wearing at least one article of my "new" clothing every day.

Here is everything I received, minus the clothes I had recently worn that were already in the wash again.Next, I have to tackle finding a place to fit everything. I am going to go through all of my drawers and my closet and seriously weed-out the things I don't wear anymore. That should be just about enough room to fit all of this wonderful new stuff. If not, I'll have to find other spots to keep everything. It's going to be a big project, but it's better than having everything piled up on top of our dresser.

Head over to 5MFM for more Tackle-It Tuesday.

8 comments:

Christina 12:18 AM  

Oh, that IS a blessing! New clothes are fun.

Controlling My Chaos 12:27 AM  

Very cool. Even better that it's free. Congrats!

Angie @ Many Little Blessings 2:17 AM  

Great tackle! It's always such a blessing to receive hand-me-downs!

Miss Mommy 9:07 AM  

What fun!! That's a tackle I would love to do too!!

Susie 3:20 PM  

Great tackle! Free clothes are the best!!

Tammie 3:24 PM  

YES! i am so happy for you!

Candace 7:16 PM  

What a wonderful blessing for a wonderful lady!
Good for you, Kate.

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP