Sunday, December 07, 2008

Menu Plan - Week of 12/8

I am really looking forward to this week. We are going to get the tree put up and finish doing our Christmas decorating. We're also planning a few Christmas movie & hot cocoa afternoons on the couch. Those are some of our favorite Christmastime activities.

I think I'm going to take one more week off from Christmas baking and then get back to work. We are officially on break from school until after New Year's also, so I'm hoping to get to lots of craft projects with the kids.

Saturday's dinner is going to be a bit festive and fun too. The plan is to drive around and look at lights after we eat. I am planning on making all of the appetizers that I will be sharing during the Progressive Dinner (bloggy style) next week. (Head over here for more information on that, and to find out how you can join in on the fun.)

Breakfast

  • M - Cinnamon-Pecan coffee cake
  • T - Cheesy scrambled eggs, toast
  • W - Oatmeal, smoothies
  • Th - French toast
  • F - Banana muffins, smoothies
  • S - Biscuits w/ sausage gravy
  • Su - Chocolate chip muffins

Lunch

  • M - Chicken noodle soup, apple slices
  • T - Cream cheese wontons, pineapple & oranges
  • W - Veggie wraps, applesauce
  • Th - Chili corn bread salad (Thanks Amy), yogurt
  • F - Quesadillas, pears
  • S - Leftover chili corn bread salad, apple slices
  • Su - Ham & cheese biscuit sandwiches, carrot & celery sticks

Dinner

I hope you'll join us for the Bloggy Progressive Dinner beginning on December 15th.
Head over to Org Junkie for more MPM.

2 comments:

Niki Jolene 9:49 AM  

Sounds like a yummy week!

:)

Shynea @ Penny Pinching Diva 12:37 PM  

Your menu sounds so delicious this week. I have bookmarked two recipes off of it. I will definitely be cooking the Chili cornbread salad and the Cheesy Ham & Veggie Soup soon. Thank you for the really good recipe links.

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP