I can't believe it's already the end of the month...again! It seems like the days have just been flying by lately.
This week we will be using up what we have around the house. Saturday will be our monthly shopping trip. I've been procrastinating a little the past few days and haven't started to work on my menu plan for next month yet. So needless to say, I do not know what we will be eating on Saturday or Sunday yet. I am pretty sure that we'll have cheese ravioli on Saturday night though. That is our usual grocery shopping day dinner.
Here's the plan for the rest of the week.
- M - Oatmeal w/ dried cranberries
- T - Biscuits w/ jam & smoothies
- W - Chocolate chip muffins
- Th - Banana bread & smoothies
- F - Blueberry Pancakes
- M - Tuna melts & peaches
- T - Quesadillas & orange wedges
- W - Tuna pasta salad, applesauce
- Th - Macaroni & cheese, pears
- F - Egg salad wonton cups, pineapple
- M - Cheesy ham & potato soup (recipe below), biscuits
- T - Spaghetti (with sauce from the freezer), green beans
- W - Dirty rice w/Polish sausage, corn muffins
- Th - Sloppy Joe shepherd's pie (from the freezer), breadsticks (from the 3 Moms recipes ebook)
- F - Bean & rice wet burritos, skillet corn
- 1 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1/2 lb. ham slices, cubed
- 4 potatoes, cubed
- salt, pepper & dill
- 4 c. chicken stock
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1/4 c. flour
- 2 c. milk
- 1/2 lb. extra-sharp cheddar, cubed or shredded
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- 1/4 t. cayenne pepper
2. Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook for 2 minutes. Whisk in milk, bring to a boil and cook until thickened. Remove from heat. Add cheese and stir until melted. Add seasonings.
3. When potatoes are tender, whisk the cheese sauce into the soup pot. Continue boiling slowly until soup is desired thickness, stirring frequently.
You can find more Menu Plan Monday at I'm An Organizing Junkie.