Sunday, November 30, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - Week of 12/1


It is going to be tough getting back into the routine this week. But I don't have much choice since this is also monthly planning and grocery shopping week. As much as I wouldn't mind a few more days off from the kitchen, I know I just have to jump right back in with both feet. I am going to keep things fairly easy during the beginning of the week though. By the end of the week, I'll start stocking our freezer again.

Breakfast

Lunch

  • M - Baked potato soup, carrot sticks
  • T - PB & honey sandwiches, oranges
  • W - Tuna & cream cheese spread, crackers, peaches
  • Th - Pizza bread (this is going to be an experiment. I am hoping to recreate some awesome pizza bread we had at Great Harvest Bread Co. a few weeks ago. If it turns out, I'll post the recipe.), applesauce
  • F - Quesadillas, pears
  • S - Chicken salad in pitas, oranges
  • Su - Leftovers

Dinner

  • M - Chicken stew, biscuits
  • T - Jambalaya, hush puppies
  • W - Ravioli w/ spinach and marinara sauce
  • Th - Chicken and black bean tacos (x2 for freezer & tortillas x4 for freezer), salad
  • F - T.B.D. based on what meals I decide to make for the freezer
  • S - FUNdue night - Pizza fondue w/ bread cubes and veggie sticks; chocolate fondue w/ pound cake cubes, strawberries and bananas
  • Su - Creamy chicken and wild rice soup in homemade bread bowls

Stop by Org Junkie for more Menu Plan Monday.

9 comments:

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home 1:10 AM  

sounds like a great menu.

AnnMarie Brown 6:46 AM  

Your menu plan sounds so good.... baked potato soup... YUMMY!

Nancy 7:05 AM  

Sounds like a good menu. I notice you've gone green....looks nice.

Sonshine 7:22 AM  

glad to see you back safe and sound! :)

sounds like a yummy menu!

Enjoy your week! :)

Niki Jolene 8:24 AM  

Blah, it is rather difficult to get back into the swing of things, isn't it?

But hi-ho it's off to work I go, because not only do I have to grocery shop and batch cook today, I also signed up to bring a meal to a friend in my playgroup who just had a baby. I have some work to do today!

:)

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet 8:24 AM  

Great looking menu especially the chicken stew! Thanks for sharing!

Have a great week!
Sherry

Anonymous,  9:20 AM  

Looks absolutely yummy...and I'm totally inspired by the fondue idea. We might have to do that too.

Hope your trip was good.

Anonymous,  10:33 AM  

I often feel the same way. Thank goodness we often build up the dread to be worse than the act itself. Nice menu!

Unknown 7:27 PM  

Chicken Tacos with Black Beans - yummy!

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP