Sunday, October 12, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - Week of 10/13

Well, I am still working on finishing up the last half bushel of apples. We are going to be having lots of apple stuff this week, that's for sure. I'd like to make some more stuff for the freezer but it's just about full for this month. I guess it's a good thing that we all love eating apples.

The only things I have left to make for the freezer are some extra breakfast items. Other than that, I'm hoping to take a bit of a break from spending so much time in the kitchen. Last week really wore me out. And now I have lots of catch up to do this week with everything else that got put on hold.

Breakfast

Lunch
  • M - Peanut butter & honey sandwiches, apple slices
  • T - Chicken salad pitas, peaches
  • W - Macaroni & cheese, grapes
  • Th - Pita pizzas, apple slices
  • F - Cream cheese wontons (we didn't get to these last week), carrots & celery sticks
  • S - Baked potato soup
  • Su - Lunch out with my in-laws
Dinner
  • M - Polish sausage & cabbage soup, leftover biscuits
  • T - Black bean & rice burritos, skillet corn
  • W - Chicken & gravy w/ homemade egg noodles, maple-glazed carrots
  • Th - Chickpea curry
  • F - Spaghetti & tossed salad
  • S - Family Movie Night! Homemade restaurant-style "Samplin' Platter" (pretzel chicken fingers, mozzarella wedges, onion straws, breaded zucchini & mushrooms) & root beer
  • Su -Bacon & cheese quiche, cinnamon apples (recipe below)
Cinnamon Apples
  • 1/2 stick butter
  • 4 apples, wedged or cubed
  • 1/2 c. brown sugar
  • 1/4 c. honey
  • 1 T. cinnamon
1. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the cut apples and cook for about 3 minutes.
2. Add the brown sugar, honey, and cinnamon to the pan. Bring to a slow boil and cook until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes. You can leave this on low heat for a while to let the flavors blend even further. If you do, it may be necessary to bring the syrup back to a boil before serving so that it thickens up again.

Find at least 300 more menu plans over at I'm An Organizing Junkie.

7 comments:

Anonymous,  9:51 PM  

Oooo, your family movie night samplin' platter looks so yummy!

HDMac 9:22 AM  

Nummy menu and I am going to try the apple muffins!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet 11:17 AM  

Great looking menu this week, Kate! I made those chocolate chip muffins this past week and they were great! I can't wait to try those cream cheese apple muffins. Your homestyle restaurant night sounds fun and super yummy! :D

Have a great week!
Sherry

Michelle M. 12:01 PM  

Wow- that is a lot of food. I admit I am much lazier when it comes to breakfasts. Today I made scrambled eggs, but that is very rare for me to do.

Have a great day!

Sonshine 3:15 PM  

Yummy week planned! Love the movie night samplin' platter. :)

I have those apple muffins on my "baking list" for this month.

Crafty P 3:42 PM  

I have never made apples like that! thanks for the recipe... will definitely put that on the menu for next week after our trip to the orchard yesterday!

Crafty P 2:20 PM  

The apples were great! thanks and I'm linking to you on my blog today.

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP