Sunday, September 07, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - Week Of 9/8

I'll still be doing lots of freezer cooking throughout this week. By next week, most of our breakfasts and dinners should be ready and waiting for us in the freezer. However, I did notice today that our freezer is getting pretty full so I might have to rethink certain things if I can't get all the food rearranged to make enough more room. We do not have a separate freezer. Usually this doesn't cause a problem, even with all the freezer cooking. I think the problem this month is that I'm freezing a lot more breakfasts also. We'll see how it goes.

We're also starting back up with school this week on Wednesday, although the first 3 days are going to be more of an introduction to the new materials and getting into the new routine. This has really helped me focus on the freezer cooking. The more I get done now, before we start school, the less I'll have to do once we are schooling every day. That will really help me out this year until I get into a good groove with Alex, Olivia, and Gracie. Isabelle will probably be spending more time on school this year, but that will require less of my daily time (although more time in the preparation for each week).

Breakfasts

Lunch

  • M - Sandwiches, grapes
  • T - Cream cheese wontons, peaches
  • W - Out to lunch for first day of school celebration
  • Th - Quesadillas, yogurt
  • F - Cheese & crackers, cottage cheese, carrot & celery sticks
  • S - Hummus, pitas, strawberries
  • Su - Pizza pockets, applesauce

Dinner

You can find more menu plans at I'm An Organizing Junkie.

4 comments:

Sandra 12:52 AM  

YUM, everything looks great!


My Menu Plan

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom 12:28 PM  

Sounds delish, thanks for the links!

Have a great week!
Steph

Lori 6:37 PM  

I was just wondering if you freeze your cinnamon roll dough using the same recipe you posted a link to? Can you use that same dough recipe frozen for the pizza pockets and other things? Thanks so much. Lori

Renee 7:36 PM  

Your menu sounds wonderful!

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP