Friday, September 05, 2008

Friday Night Fun

I have big plans for tonight, and I am so excited to get to work.

On Thursday, we bought this for Isabelle.
For the past five years, she has been doing her school work at our breakfast bar. This counter faces the kitchen but is actually in our great room. Since she is now getting to the point where she'll need quiet to concentrate better for some subjects, we put her desk in a corner of our master bedroom. She'll still be doing some work at the counter or at the couch with all of us together. But this will be a nice private space for her. She can close the door when she really needs extra quiet to help her focus, yet still know that I am just in the other room if she has any questions.

So, I want to start getting that organized for her tonight.

Then, I have this project to tackle.
We picked up all of our books for the year today. I want to read through things, familiarize myself with all the new materials, start figuring out our daily school schedule, and start writing out lesson plans for the first few weeks at least.

Fortunately we are not officially starting until Wednesday next week. That's a good thing since I don't think there are enough hours left tonight for me to do all of this. But I do hope to get a good start on it all.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  12:11 AM  

Is that Latin I see?????

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP