Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Works For Me Wednesday: A Refrigerator Full of Sour Cream Containers

If you're like me and reuse all of the plastic containers from the dairy department at the grocery store, you know what a hassle it can be to open your refrigerator to try to find a certain leftover (or even the real sour cream). I consistently reuse sour cream, cottage cheese, yogurt, and ricotta cheese containers. When I open my refrigerator at any given time, there are at least a half dozen containers in there that are exactly the same. It used to be a guessing game to try to find the actual sour cream, if there was even any in there to begin with. This was not fun!

So, what I've found that works for me at eliminating the hassle and guesswork is to always use mismatched lids on leftovers. I've realized that almost all of the dairy containers have lids that are the same size. The average in my fridge now is a couple sour cream containers with sour cream lids, yogurt containers with yogurt lids, and a varied assortment of sour cream containers with yogurt lids (and vice versa). I have been surprisingly good at remembering which leftovers I put in which combination for some reason. But there are times when I'm feeling especially efficient, or when we have an overabundance of leftovers, that I will also put a post-it or tape on a torn-off corner of a piece of paper to mark the contents. Since I can't rely on that method all of the time (I'm just not that reliable), the mismatched containers have really helped. Any little step I can take to streamline my day really works for me! (To read more WFMW posts, please go here!)

1 comments:

Nicole 9:02 AM  

Good idea. I am very bad about throwing these containers away. I really should start reusing them.

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP