Monday, April 14, 2008

Gratituesday: Patience

I have many major personality flaws! One of the biggest of these has always been an inward lack of patience. I can maintain the veneer of someone calm and in control, yet inside I'm frustrated, angry, stressed, you name it. This is especially true when it comes to waiting for big things in life. I'm horrible at anticipating labor. I don't really mind giving birth, but I don't have the patience to tolerate not knowing when it is going to happen. When we are waiting to hear if Eric has gotten a new contract, I am nervous wreck on the inside.

So this week, I am thankful that the Lord has heard my cries and granted me with patience and peace as we wait to hear the decision of our potential home buyer. I have not felt any of the familiar stress and anxiety. Instead, I am blessed with a peace about the whole situation, and the realization that it is not in my hands. I have complete trust (as I should all the time) that the Lord's will be done.

We have a house that we are very interested in and will be placing an offer on almost instantly if we hear back in the affirmative from the potential buyer. It is not much larger than our current home, but it has a nice layout and more bedrooms. Also, it has a wonderful detached garage that has an office area/bathroom built onto the back that would be perfect for Eric and the business. The lot is 1/4 an acre, which is very exciting for me. I would love to have a vegetable and herb garden. Also, it is fenced in and would make playtime outside very easy as compared to now in our condominium.

But yet I am not anxious. If this sale falls through and the other house sells, I'll know it just wasn't in God's plan for us at this time. I can not describe how unusual this feeling of peace is for me, but I sure am thankful for it!

To share your thanks, and to read what others are thankful for this week, please go visit Laura's blog at Heavenly Homemakers.

3 comments:

Anonymous,  12:23 AM  

Sounds similar to when we moved from SC to Texas.

We knew we needed to move, but our employer (a pastor) did not allow us to tell anyone that we were planning to move. We didn't have a job yet elsewhere, but we felt drawn to the Dallas area.

So even without employment, we listed our house "in secret", and although our pastor didn't allow us to put a sign in the yard, our house sold within about 6 weeks. On top of that, after we had listed the house, a position--a single position--became available in a little town in Texas in the suburbs of Dallas. That's the position we have now held for the last 5 years.

During the whole process of relocating we felt an incredible amount of peace. Being the worrying type, this was very unusual for me, but I was convinced that we were in God's will and were given the wonderful privilege of experiencing His peace and leading.

I pray the Lord's will is done in your move. As I always tell my kids, "Put it in God's hands. If it happens, it happens; if it doesn't happen, then it doesn't happen. Worrying doesn't change a thing."

Laura 12:05 PM  

Oh, it is SO hard to feel God's peace...even though we know better! I'm so glad you have accepted the peace that He offered to you! You're right...if the house isn't supposed to be yours...it will fall through, and if it is supposed to be yours...it will be! Great attitude!

Char 2:04 PM  

Great post! I can totally relate to the patience issue! I pray that you continue to have peace and that God's will is evident through the whole process!

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP