Friday, March 21, 2008

Note to Self

Shortly after Gracie (our fourth and #3 of 3 under 3 at that time) was born, a very concerned person said to me, "I don't know how you'll ever do it all." My reply was, "Well, if I had that attitude, I don't know how I would either." I recognized then that on my own strength, life could seem overwhelming, burdensome, and just too hard. The answer to "doing it all" (whatever that entails) is that I cannot. But when I lean on God, lay my burdens at His feet and pray without ceasing, I can do it, and do it pretty well most of the time.

Since that time, I have noticed just how easy it can be to get everything done. There are many days when it is 3:00 in the afternoon and I have nothing left that I have to do for that day. The house is clean enough, dinner is already made, Eric and the kids are happy and dressed and fed and loved, schoolwork for the day has been completed and put away, the laundry is done, folded and put away. At those times I find myself standing in the kitchen rather lost. How can this be? There must be SOMETHING that needs to be done. Most of the time though, I just can't find anything. So, I enjoy my children and my husband (if he is home). I enjoy the carefree feeling of being a wife and mother of four with nothing that needs to be done right now. This happens. A LOT. Honest.

This has just been a friendly little reminder to myself!

0 comments:

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP