Friday, March 21, 2008

Frugal Fridays: Refreshing Entryway Doors

With all the Spring Cleaning that has been going on lately, I think it doesn't hurt to also give a little extra shine to our entryway doors. Afterall, this is the first thing that people will see when they come to our homes. You can make your doors look freshly painted, as well as give them an extra layer of protection against the elements, with just a simple bottle of Pledge. (And since we just fixed all the scratches in our CDs & DVDs with Pledge, this is even more frugal!)


To do this you will need to first wash the door with a simple all-purpose cleaner, or even just soap and water. Then, just spray the door with the Pledge and wipe dry with a cloth. That's it! It takes very little time and very little money, yet the result is amazing. The door will have a nice clean shine to it, as if it were just painted. And the thin layer of wax left from the Pledge helps to protect the door. This works on both wood and metal doors.


Hmm, I never knew Pledge was so useful. Does anyone else have any unusual but helpful tips for Pledge? Visit Crystal's blog for even more Frugal Friday tips.

1 comments:

DealFinder 10:25 AM  

Thanks! This is very timely, as I am preparing for company tonight and was going to spiff up our front entry anyway.

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP