I read Amy's post about being Intentional in 2011 and was instantly smitten with the idea of a theme word for the year. I'm not typically a resolution maker. No wait, strike that. I AM a resolution maker, I'm just not a resolution keeper! So I figured I could definitely get behind having a theme word for the year.
- Grow as a communicator. Sometimes, I just flat out stink at spoken conversation. I get awkward and stumble over my words. I have to quietly think before I can continue speaking on a regular basis. It's frustrating for me, super frustrating for my husband and I'm willing to bet it frustrates plenty of other people that I talk to on a regular basis also. In 2011, I want to push myself to just speak.
- Grow as a wife. I want to get better at speaking my husband's "love language." Goes hand-in-hand with #1. I also want to work through The Love Dare, which we bought a couple of years ago after watching Fireproof.
- Grow as a mom. Consistent discipline, quiet together time, play time - these are the 3 areas where I'll be focusing.
- Grow in my faith. I want to get into a regular bible reading schedule as well as read other books on Christianity. Eric and I used to do that frequently but it's been put on the back burner the past few years. I'm going to start that process by reading The Irresistible Revolution: Living as an Ordinary Radical by Shane Claiborne.
- Grow the blog. Cooking During Stolen Moments has become my main blog. It grew consistently throughout 2010, but I fell short of many of the goals I had for the year. (A new house and a new baby may be to blame for that one!) I want to step outside my comfort zone and pursue a few opportunities that I've passed up because of my shyness. I also want to become more proactive in seeking out other new opportunities.
- Grow the menu planning. Just like the blog, I fell short of many of the goals I had for Stolen Moments Menu Planning in 2010. I want to grow my customers but also expand the business to a membership site. That's just a start.