Monday, January 03, 2011

Dusting Off The Cobwebs

I feel like I'm yelling into the void here, wondering if anyone is still reading this poor, neglected, lonely little blog of mine. Over 3 months without a post. I'm slightly ashamed!


However, the neglect hasn't been without good reason. I last posted on September 29th and on September 30th, this is how I was spending my time.

We welcomed our 5th baby (and 4th girl) into the world. Jill Elizabeth was born via an emergency c-section at 5:30pm on September 30th. We were both perfectly healthy, she just opted for sitting upright instead of hanging out head down.

Isabelle, Alex, Olivia and Grace were thrilled with the arrival of their new sister. And considering how they still beg to hold her, I'd say that excitement has worn off yet.

The time with a newborn sure flies by quickly though. She has gone from that tiny little thing to this pretty little girl.


She's three months old and getting bigger every day. Her smiles are the best. They go all the way to her eyes - her BROWN eyes. Jill is our first brown-eyed baby and Eric is so excited to finally have one with his eyes.

So other than that...life has been great around here. We've been busy living life and enjoying each day.

Believe it or not, I have big plans for this blog. I'm hoping to post several times a week once again. I can't wait to get back into it!

3 comments:

Sonshine 7:18 PM  

She is getting so big!!

Don't feel too bad about not posting for 3 months here. I did pretty much the same thing at my blog but I can't use the excuse of a new baby as my reason for not blogging! LOL!

Jenn @ Beautiful Calling 8:49 PM  

I'm still kicking around here. She is getting big and definitely a good reason to accumulate cobwebs around here!

In the time you were gone, we found out we're expecting another baby too!

Babies are such a blessing!

Mikki 8:14 PM  

Congratulations!!
She's beautiful!

Glad to see you back :-)

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP