Who knew how revitalizing a two week hiatus from this little blog could be? I kept blogging on Cooking During Stolen Moments and continued to run Stolen Moments Menu Planning, but just letting go of the tiny bit of stress I feel when I don't write here was a huge help!
I spent some time over the past few weeks finalizing a business plan and blogging plan for 2010. (A 5 hour drive to and from Chicago sure helped with finding the time to do that!) When I saw that Savvy Blogging was posting a Mr. Linky for us all to share our blogging goals for the year, I was so excited to participate.
So here are my goals for 2010.
- Continue to keep Priority #1 as priority #1 - God first, husband second, kids third. I got a bit off track earlier in 2009 and let twitter and other things play too much of a role in my life. I've since cut down my online socializing time to virtually nothing, and I'm reaping the rewards. I'll admit I still need to improve in some areas with this, but I'm feeling much better about how I divide my time.
- Post at least 4-5 new recipes on Cooking During Stolen Moments per week. Begin posting more tutorials and informational posts as well.
- Update the Wordpress plug-ins I use for CDSM. I tend to be very lazy when it comes to maintaining the backend of my blogs.
- Stay on top of organizing alphabetical course listings of the recipes. I haven't done this is 6 months, and it needs to be done! (See #3.)
- Actually write some of the different series I've been contemplating on A Simple Walk. If this means I skip a few opportunities to add my name to Mr. Linky once in awhile, that's okay!
- Keep A Simple Walk updated at least 3-4 times a week, and let go of the guilt if it doesn't get done more often.
- Increase RSS subscribers on both sites, and increase daily visitors. I don't have a set number for here, but I'd like to at least double both numbers by May on Cooking During Stolen Moments. I'll re-evaluate after that.
- Continue building and nurturing my relationship with Share Our Strength. Doing good feels so good!
- Keeping Goal #1 in mind, increase community involvement. Leave comments at other blogs, participate on twitter and skype, even if for only a few minutes a week. And stay disciplined with that time by setting a timer.
- Respond to all emails within 48 hours!
As I mentioned, I also have a new business plan in place for Stolen Moments Menu Planning. I am excited to start going after some of the things that I've planned out.
All in all, I'm thinking 2010 has the potential to be a very exciting year. I'm looking forward to seeing where it leads - for myself, for blogging in general and for all of you!