Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Capturing The Moment

I'll admit it - I am a picture junkie. I love taking pictures and I love looking at them. I love the memories they evoke.
I also admit that I don't really know what I'm doing when it comes to photography. Everything I've learned has been through trial and error. That is why I love my digital camera. I can take over 800 shots (as I did last week in Disney World) and know that at least a few of them are bound to turn out great.


When it comes to pictures, I do enjoy the posed pictures where everyone looks at the camera. But more than those, I love random pictures. You know, the kind taken when no one knows you are taking their picture? I just think those pictures really capture the moment.


During our trip, I realized some of the best times to snap those random, capturing-the-moment pictures were when we were standing in line waiting to get on rides or when we were just walking to the next ride.



Here are two of my favorite random shots from the week.

Someone drew a hopscotch grid in the middle of the road at Epcot. As soon as Olivia saw it, she broke into some spontaneous hopscotching. I'll never forget her delight as she jumped to the end, nor will I ever forget the man who stopped to watch her just because seeing the simple enjoyment was such a treat. This picture captures those things perfectly.

Look closely in the photo above. See that arm and fist on the right-hand side? That's Alex. He was running so fast in his excitement to check out something with his cousins that I completely missed the shot of him. Except I didn't, not really. Because this shot is even better. It sums up the joy of Disney World for a 5 year old boy. I'll treasure it always.

Capturing the moment with random pictures? It definitely works for me!

Stop by We Are THAT Family for more Works for Me Wednesday.

0 comments:

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP