Monday, October 19, 2009

My Top 10 Disney To-Dos

We're in the homestretch now. Two weeks from today, we'll be in Disney World. And I have a feeling these two are going to fly by for me, even as they drag on for the kids. So much to do...so little time. You know how it goes.

As I've mentioned in the past, we've been planning this trip almost since the minute our last trip ended 2 years ago. My parents take our family and my sister and her family every two or three years. We are so fortunate and so thankful.

My mom and sister are definitely the planners and the ones that make sure we fit everything we want to fit into our jam-packed days. We've had meal reservations since the first possible opportunity.

So since we've been dreaming and planning, I thought I'd share some of the things I'm most looking forward to while we are there.

  1. For his 40th birthday, my parents gave Eric a day at the Richard Petty Driving Experience. I can not wait to take the kids and watch him drive around the track.
  2. Gracie is the only one who, obviously, does not remember our last trip. She was only 8 months old at the time. So I can not wait to watch her face as she experiences everything again for the first time, especially seeing the characters.
  3. Alex has been talking about the monorail ever since our last trip. He can't wait to go back on it. I'm thinking we'll even try to sit with the driver if we get the chance.
  4. In previous years we opted out of the parades because the kids were too young. But this year we are not going to miss it. We're planning to watch the Main Street parade at the Magic Kingdom. I think I'm more excited about this than the kids are.
  5. One of our favorite rituals is getting autographs from the characters. Each kid has their own autograph book to get signed. It's definitely one of my favorite souvenirs.
  6. We have some great meals planned - dinner at Chef Mickey's, lunch at Norway in Epcot with the princesses, breakfast at the Crystal Palace, dinner at Morocco, dinner at O'hana in the Polynesian, lunch at the Brown Derby in Disney Studios, lunch at the Rose & Crown Pub in Epcot. So much good food! Fortunately we'll be doing lots and lots of walking!
  7. I have so many favorite rides and attractions that I can't possibly narrow it down to just a few. But what's a trip to Disney World without all of those things? They're definitely at the top of my list.
  8. We took over 350 pictures last time we went and that was before I was into photography. I'm really looking forward to getting lots of great pictures this time around.
  9. We stay at vacation club villas at the Beach Club. And aside from the wonderful villas, the pool is out of this world and I can't wait for us all to spend some time swimming.
  10. Nothing can beat the magic of that very first day, walking into the gates of the Magic Kingdom for the first time and seeing the castle holding court at the end of Main Street. As breathtaking as it is, it also feels a little like coming home. Those are the moments that you just can't capture on film.
Stop by Oh Amanda for more Top 10 Tuesday.

9 comments:

Allison 10:31 AM  

You have a great list! We just got back from Disney World two weeks ago and had such a great time!! Looks like you have some wonderful dinner reservations and plans and will make such great memories.

Don't count on sitting with the monorail driver. They did away with that after the monorail accident a few months ago and it wasn't an option when we were there. Bummer!

I hope you have a wonderful trip and get some great pictures and family memories! We are already planning our next one as well!

Nashville TV Show 12:04 PM  

Two weeks!! FUN!!! We were there this past summer with my 4yo & his favorite was the monorail like yours & the train ... go figure:)

Lauren 12:53 PM  

Reading your list makes me want to go back now! We have to wait until next Thanksgiving, though. My now 4 year old got to be the guest conductor on the train at the Magic Kingdom, and still has his conductor's license! It really is a magical place and it never gets old (for me, anyway). Have a wonderful time!

Anonymous,  3:26 PM  

This is such a great Top Ten list! We've just booked our Disney World trip (for March) and can't wait to go! I'll be very interested in any ideas, helpful hints and suggestions you might have after you get back! We're taking my boys (for their 10th and 5th birthdays!) for a week at DW and then a Disney cruise (a surprise from my Mom!) Thanks for sharing this list and looking forward to hearing about your trip!

Holly 4:56 PM  

Sounds like it should be an awesome trip! :)

Unknown 6:47 PM  

Disney? Did someone say Disney?

You have a great list and I know you will have a great time! This time of year is a perfect time to go. For years, I was at Disney in November for Super Soap Weekend but they are not having it this year. I am really missing it, too.

I can't wait to hear about your trip!

Mikki 7:03 PM  

What a great list!
We know Disney like the back of our hand but every time we go we have a great time.

You all are coming down at a great time. The weather is beautiful and the parks shouldn't be really crowded.

ohAmanda 3:02 PM  

Oh, the Beach Club!!! My fave.

And the restaurants. So yummy. That might be my favorite part of Disney.

Thanks for linking up!

Sue 7:01 PM  

I think I am going to be living vicariously through you Kate as you go to one of my most favorite places on earth. Sounds like you are going to have a fantastic time! Enjoy and be sure to blog all about it for us!!

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP