We're in the homestretch now. Two weeks from today, we'll be in Disney World. And I have a feeling these two are going to fly by for me, even as they drag on for the kids. So much to do...so little time. You know how it goes.
As I've mentioned in the past, we've been planning this trip almost since the minute our last trip ended 2 years ago. My parents take our family and my sister and her family every two or three years. We are so fortunate and so thankful.
My mom and sister are definitely the planners and the ones that make sure we fit everything we want to fit into our jam-packed days. We've had meal reservations since the first possible opportunity.
So since we've been dreaming and planning, I thought I'd share some of the things I'm most looking forward to while we are there.
- For his 40th birthday, my parents gave Eric a day at the Richard Petty Driving Experience. I can not wait to take the kids and watch him drive around the track.
- Gracie is the only one who, obviously, does not remember our last trip. She was only 8 months old at the time. So I can not wait to watch her face as she experiences everything again for the first time, especially seeing the characters.
- Alex has been talking about the monorail ever since our last trip. He can't wait to go back on it. I'm thinking we'll even try to sit with the driver if we get the chance.
- In previous years we opted out of the parades because the kids were too young. But this year we are not going to miss it. We're planning to watch the Main Street parade at the Magic Kingdom. I think I'm more excited about this than the kids are.
- One of our favorite rituals is getting autographs from the characters. Each kid has their own autograph book to get signed. It's definitely one of my favorite souvenirs.
- We have some great meals planned - dinner at Chef Mickey's, lunch at Norway in Epcot with the princesses, breakfast at the Crystal Palace, dinner at Morocco, dinner at O'hana in the Polynesian, lunch at the Brown Derby in Disney Studios, lunch at the Rose & Crown Pub in Epcot. So much good food! Fortunately we'll be doing lots and lots of walking!
- I have so many favorite rides and attractions that I can't possibly narrow it down to just a few. But what's a trip to Disney World without all of those things? They're definitely at the top of my list.
- We took over 350 pictures last time we went and that was before I was into photography. I'm really looking forward to getting lots of great pictures this time around.
- We stay at vacation club villas at the Beach Club. And aside from the wonderful villas, the pool is out of this world and I can't wait for us all to spend some time swimming.
- Nothing can beat the magic of that very first day, walking into the gates of the Magic Kingdom for the first time and seeing the castle holding court at the end of Main Street. As breathtaking as it is, it also feels a little like coming home. Those are the moments that you just can't capture on film.