We finally made it to the apple orchard and brought home a bushel of apples. I'm excited to get started on those. I'm planning to make some applesauce, apple leather, apple butter (using Phoebe's recipe), cinnamon apples and some baked goods. Hopefully we'll have enough apples! I guess I can always run to the store and pick some up off the shelf if I need to.
This week I also need to force myself to finish the clothing swap for the kids. It's been put off long enough and they are all in dire need of sweaters and other warm stuff. So I'm going to try to keep things easy other than all the apple work.
We also have conferences for Isabelle and Alex on Thursday afternoon. Wednesday we're planning to do some shopping to snag some end-of-season deals on summer clothes for the kids to take to Walt Disney World. Add in a meeting on Tuesday and Thursday morning and things are beyond busy around here. That vacation can't come soon enough!
- M - Sausage and biscuit sandwiches (from the freezer)
- T - Cream cheese apple muffins & smoothies
- W - French toast
- Th - Caramel Apple Coffee Cake
- F - Banana Oatmeal
- S - Blueberry Pancakes
- Su - Breakfast cookies
- M - Peanut butter & honey sandwiches, apple slices
- T - Chicken salad pitas, peaches
- W - Macaroni & cheese, grapes
- Th - Pita pizzas, apple slices
- F - Cream cheese wontons, carrots & celery sticks
- S - Loaded Baked potato soup
- Su - TBD
- M - Polish sausage & cabbage soup, leftover biscuits
- T - Black bean & rice burritos, skillet corn
- W - Something with chicken. I have a few new ideas I'm considering.
- Th - TBD
- F - Spaghetti & tossed salad
- S - Family Movie Night! Homemade restaurant-style "Samplin' Platter" (pretzel chicken fingers, mozzarella wedges, onion straws, breaded zucchini & mushrooms) & root beer
- Su -Bacon & cheese quiche, cinnamon apples