Sunday, October 11, 2009

Menu Plan Monday ~ Week of 10/12


We finally made it to the apple orchard and brought home a bushel of apples. I'm excited to get started on those. I'm planning to make some applesauce, apple leather, apple butter (using Phoebe's recipe), cinnamon apples and some baked goods. Hopefully we'll have enough apples! I guess I can always run to the store and pick some up off the shelf if I need to.

This week I also need to force myself to finish the clothing swap for the kids. It's been put off long enough and they are all in dire need of sweaters and other warm stuff. So I'm going to try to keep things easy other than all the apple work.


We also have conferences for Isabelle and Alex on Thursday afternoon. Wednesday we're planning to do some shopping to snag some end-of-season deals on summer clothes for the kids to take to Walt Disney World. Add in a meeting on Tuesday and Thursday morning and things are beyond busy around here. That vacation can't come soon enough!

Breakfast

  • M - Sausage and biscuit sandwiches (from the freezer)
  • T - Cream cheese apple muffins & smoothies
  • W - French toast
  • Th - Caramel Apple Coffee Cake
  • F - Banana Oatmeal
  • S - Blueberry Pancakes
  • Su - Breakfast cookies
Lunch
Dinner
  • M - Polish sausage & cabbage soup, leftover biscuits
  • T - Black bean & rice burritos, skillet corn
  • W - Something with chicken. I have a few new ideas I'm considering.
  • Th - TBD
  • F - Spaghetti & tossed salad
  • S - Family Movie Night! Homemade restaurant-style "Samplin' Platter" (pretzel chicken fingers, mozzarella wedges, onion straws, breaded zucchini & mushrooms) & root beer
  • Su -Bacon & cheese quiche, cinnamon apples
Don't forget to get your menu planning fix over at Org Junkie.

0 comments:

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP