Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Cinnamon-Sugar Tortilla Chips

We tend to have a lot of homemade sweets and desserts on hand. I suppose that's just a side effect of writing a food blog. And I assure you that is the only reason we ever have such forbidden food in our house. I blame it all on the blog.

But every so often, the supply of sweets runs dry. This usually happens on nights when Eric and I really want something desserty before bed. I have a few quick-to-fix, minimal ingredient recipes that I rely on during those times. One of our favorite is cinnamon-sugar tortilla chips.

These are so easy and they are so good. Every time we have them, either Eric or I ask how something so simple can taste so good. They're especially great for snacking on while watching a movie.
Making them is really simple. Just take as many tortillas as you want and cut them into chip-sized triangles. (For the two of us, I usually use 4 tortillas and get 8 "chips" per tortilla.) Melt some butter in a skillet, add some chips and cook until brown and crispy on each side, about 2-3 minutes per side. Immediately sprinkle with a cinnamon-sugar combination. Add a bit more butter to the skillet for each batch and lower the heat if the butter starts to brown too much.

That's it. So easy and so surprisingly satisfying as a sweet snack or dessert.

Stop by We Are THAT Family for more Works For Me Wednesday.

4 comments:

Amy 12:21 AM  

Just made these (pretty much as soon as this post popped up in my reader) for my hubby.

He is addicted. They are so yummy!

Thanks so much!!!

JessieLeigh 1:47 PM  

I make something very similar (I brush the tortillas with melted butter & sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, then bake until crispy...) and we all love them too!!

tammyjh84 4:46 PM  

I make the same thing but spray mine with water and then sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar then bake until crispy. I even bake them in my toaster oven if I just want one.
You can also put some chocolate syrup and strawberries on top!! Yum Yum

2cats 7:51 PM  

I can't wait to try these. They sound like they would be good with ice cream.

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP