Sunday, September 27, 2009

Menu Plan Monday ~ Week of 9/28


I think we are finally settling into our new schedule. It's definitely been a bumpy few weeks, but I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

There are a few new things I'm trying this week with our schedule and eating habits. One of the biggest changes I've had to make is adjusting our eating times and snack routine. We used to eat breakfast around 9:00, lunch at 1:00 and dinner at 6:30 with a 4:00 snack time. Now, the kids are all eating breakfast at 7:00. Isabelle and Alex have a morning snack at school and I've had to add that for the girls at home too. Going from 7:00 to 1:00 is just too long. Our lunch and dinner times have stayed the same, but that might change as time goes on too.

Here's the plan for the week.

Breakfasts

  • M - Maple-Brown Sugar Oatmeal
  • T - Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
  • W - Scrambled Eggs & Toast
  • Th - Multi-Grain Cheerios, Bananas
  • F - Egg & Cheese English Muffins
  • S - Pumpkin Waffles, Sausage
  • Su - French Toast with Cinnamon Apples
Lunch
  • M - Tuna Salad Sandwiches, Oranges
  • T - Pizza Grilled Cheese, Pears
  • W - Hummus, Pitas, Carrots
  • Th - Ham Roll-Ups, Yogurt
  • F - Crackers & Cheese, Apples
  • S - TBD - Apple picking day. We might skip lunch in favor of hot donuts and cider at the orchard.
  • Su - Leftovers
Dinner
  • M - Porcupine meatballs, Green Bean Casserole (minus the canned soup)
  • T - Chicken Things (at Eric's request), Cheesy Potato Casserole, Broccoli
  • W - Beef Bourguignonne (for the NCBA's It's What's For Dinner Wednesdays challenge)
  • Th - Gnocchi with Brown Butter, Asparagus, Italian Breadsticks
  • F - Mexican Chicken Roll-Ups, Salsa Rice
  • S - 15 Bean Soup (our traditional apple picking day dinner), Cheddar biscuits
  • Su - TBD
Don't forget to stop by Org Junkie for hundreds more menu plans.

6 comments:

SnoWhite 11:53 PM  

Looks like a good week! We're still trying to settle into our schedule too.

Kristen 1:27 AM  

I've made those "chicken things" from stolen moments as well. Funny name, but always a hit here.

Your week looks good!

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama 8:13 AM  

Porcupine meatballs sound interesting! Happy MPM!

Unknown 2:11 PM  

Sounds like you have a good hold of your eating schedule. As a mom of a 17 year son I've always had to stay flexible because things change.
You have so many yummy recipes planned for this week's menu.
I love participating in MPM. I get such inspiration from visiting.

Zonnah 6:14 PM  

I am going to have to try the Chicken Things.

Jen 9:54 PM  

Oh my goodness...Porcupine meatballs!! memories... My mom use to make those. I need to get a recipe!

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP