I think we are finally settling into our new schedule. It's definitely been a bumpy few weeks, but I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.
There are a few new things I'm trying this week with our schedule and eating habits. One of the biggest changes I've had to make is adjusting our eating times and snack routine. We used to eat breakfast around 9:00, lunch at 1:00 and dinner at 6:30 with a 4:00 snack time. Now, the kids are all eating breakfast at 7:00. Isabelle and Alex have a morning snack at school and I've had to add that for the girls at home too. Going from 7:00 to 1:00 is just too long. Our lunch and dinner times have stayed the same, but that might change as time goes on too.
Here's the plan for the week.
- M - Maple-Brown Sugar Oatmeal
- T - Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
- W - Scrambled Eggs & Toast
- Th - Multi-Grain Cheerios, Bananas
- F - Egg & Cheese English Muffins
- S - Pumpkin Waffles, Sausage
- Su - French Toast with Cinnamon Apples
- M - Tuna Salad Sandwiches, Oranges
- T - Pizza Grilled Cheese, Pears
- W - Hummus, Pitas, Carrots
- Th - Ham Roll-Ups, Yogurt
- F - Crackers & Cheese, Apples
- S - TBD - Apple picking day. We might skip lunch in favor of hot donuts and cider at the orchard.
- Su - Leftovers
- M - Porcupine meatballs, Green Bean Casserole (minus the canned soup)
- T - Chicken Things (at Eric's request), Cheesy Potato Casserole, Broccoli
- W - Beef Bourguignonne (for the NCBA's It's What's For Dinner Wednesdays challenge)
- Th - Gnocchi with Brown Butter, Asparagus, Italian Breadsticks
- F - Mexican Chicken Roll-Ups, Salsa Rice
- S - 15 Bean Soup (our traditional apple picking day dinner), Cheddar biscuits
- Su - TBD