Friday, August 07, 2009

What's Ahead

I've been thinking about this little blog a lot lately. I have lots going on right now, but as I've said in the past, I'll never give this up. It's so...me.

And for a while, I've really had the desire to start writing more on here. Sharing more, and getting more in depth with things. I like carving a little time every day to write just for me. So I've been putting together a little list of things I want to start writing about here.

At the top of that list is writing about starting my own business and all the things that have gone into that. I know it would be fun for me to write, and maybe it wouldn't be too boring for you to read. We'll see. This road of transitioning from a stay-at-home mom to a work-at-home mom has been very interesting. Surprisingly, very little has changed.

I also have an idea for a marriage series that's been kicking around in my head for a while. Eric and I have discussed this in length because there are positives and negatives to writing what I want to write. I might let it sit for a little while longer though. We'll see on that too.

We haven't set the official back to school date for our homeschool yet, but I'm leaning towards the first week of September. And if that's the case, I really need to get my act together and finish deciding on our curriculum choices. (If you have any good preschool recommendations, I could really use some!)

I'm in the process of creating a new schedule for us all too. Our summer's tend to be unscheduled, which we like, but I'm also starting to crave some normal routine again.

So, that's where I'm at. I'll start back up with the Weekend Linkage posts next week. I miss posting those, largely because it means I haven't had as much blog reading time the past few weeks. Maybe that new schedule will help!

In the meantime, I do want to share a few things with you. I am currently writing a 26 week feature over at the Britannica website called "The Frugal Kitchen - Recipes A to Z." The first post of the series was published today and the rest will be published every Friday for the next 25 weeks. You can read it here.

Also, when Toni hosted Menu Plan Monday this week, she gave away a 6 month subscription to Stolen Moments Menu Planning. She announced the winner yesterday and shared a link for purchasing a subscription to the service at a reduced rate. All of the details are at The Happy Housewife if you're interested.

Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Carrie 2:13 AM  

For what its worth - I enjoy your blog and love your writing!

As for preschool, we are about to start so I don't know how it will go for us yet. My 3 year old is 4 in Nov and we have 2 year old twins, 3 in Oct. I have my very own built-in preschool!!!

I was originally going to use the curriculm I found on http://www.hubbardscupboard.org/. I still think it is a great no-cost bible based curriculum!

But then I reviewed the Horizons Preschool curriculum from AlphaOmega and I decided to go with it, mainly because it can be utilized in a group setting and I liked how it was organized.

Anyway, I purchased the Horizons Preschool Teachers Guides, Resource Packet, and Workbooks. I am still watching ebay for good prices on more workbooks. I also didn't want to spend so much on the entire Media package so I searched around and found the Character Builders DVDs and The Amazing Bible Series DVDs on TCM.com (Turner Classic Movies) for a reasonable price.

Hope this helps!

Sue 6:25 PM  

I agree with Carrie... I really enjoy coming by & reading your blog. I've been MIA lately with summer things taking over my life, but I hope to get back to a regular schedule when I return home from vacation at the end of August.

Hope you find the curriculum you seek. I'm NO help there ;-)

Hugs xo

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP