Monday, August 10, 2009

Our Summer Is Now Official


Summer just wouldn't be summer around here without a trip to our favorite art festival.
Our beautiful downtown area hosts this wonderful art fair every year. And every year we all look forward to it.
Usually it's a full day event for us. But this year it was a two-day event. We planned to go on Saturday, so we headed out even though it was rainy and miserable. We had our umbrellas and rain gear, but we only lasted about an hour. And many of the artists closed their booths for the day.
We attempted the outing again on Sunday and braved the sun and sweltering 95 degree weather. It was hot and sticky, but just as wonderful as always. We held hands. We walked. We looked. We enjoyed each other and the tradition of the day.We put out fires.We learned important life lessons from firemen.

We were too old and mature to participate in the putting out of imaginary fires.

We got sweaty and sleepy.


We got messy.


We pondered jumping in the river to cool off.


We practiced the fine and subtle art of people watching.


We drank copious amounts of Bayou Billy's soda. (And spent a grand total of $2 all day, since we have a good stash of Bayou Billy cups from previous years.)


We debated the finer nuances of root beer versus cream soda.


We felt so grateful to be a part of this wonderful community. And most importantly, we created a whole mess of memories to hold us until next year.

Stop by Heavenly Homemakers for more Gratituesday and 5 Minutes For Mom for more Tackle It Tuesday.

And stop over at my review blog to read all about the newest offerings from Lance crackers.

6 comments:

Amy @ Finer Things 10:39 PM  

I wanna go!!! You got some fantastic pictures, and Isabelle's glasses look great! :)

Unknown 2:55 AM  

Stopping by through the Gratituesday link list!

Wow it looks like you had an amazing two days! Your pictures are wonderful and the memories will last a life time. Thank you for sharing this

Amy Lynne 8:58 AM  

What a fun family day! Looks like everyone had a good time!

Susie 10:16 AM  

What a fun tackle!

Tami 5:25 PM  

Our town's art festival is the weekend after July 4th and we go every year. It is one of our favorite parts of summer, along with our sweet corn/blues festival which is coming up in a couple of weeks.

The Woodall family 8:44 PM  

Wow! Looks like so-much-fun! Great pictures...I loved the ones of "holding hands"...beautiful! What wonderful memories you are making!

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP