Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Corn Shuckers

Corn on the cob is a huge summer time favorite around our house. We all love it! That means we typically have it at least once or twice a week.

That itself is wonderful. But what's not wonderful is all the corn shucking that has to be done.

Fortunately, I have a very willing team of helpers. They all get in on the act and that corn gets shucked in no time.

On nice days, they shuck on the patio. But on rainy days they shuck in the kitchen. I let them have fun with it, even though I know that means I'll probably end up sweeping and washing the floor.

I'd rather they have fun and enjoy helping then be worried about rules and start viewing this job as a chore.

Letting my kids shuck the corn, messes and all, definitely works for me! (Apparently using the word "shuck" a lot works for me too.)

Stop by We Are THAT Family for more Works For Me Wednesday.

3 comments:

Michelle 9:43 PM  

too cute. I am thinking about what my kitchen floor would look like. maybe I'll just have to let go and try it LOL

Sue 1:50 PM  

I loved doing that as a kid... not so much anymore, especially trying to get those silky parts off the hands... and well EVERYTHING they stick to.

Corn on the cob sounds delish though - what time is dinner? ;-)

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP