Friday, June 26, 2009

Weekend Linkage - A Little Bit of Everything

So many things going on this week and so many links to share. Let's just get right to it then, shall we?

  • Amanda at Better Is Little share a fantastic reminder in her post The Meaning of MY Life.
  • I spent an obscene amount of time this week poring over the ranch adventures experienced by Shannon, Melanie and Sophie while they visited with Ree, The Pioneer Woman. Honestly...an obscene amount of time. That's just a fair warning before you click on one of those links and find yourself in the time sucking vortex.
  • Meredith's post, Library Bag: Green Garden Dip left me a little unsure of what to do first - go out and find that awesome book or make that dip. It's definitely a toss up. They both look great!
  • Lisa at Crazy Adventures In Parenting wrote a heartfelt post about a heartbreaking day. Her closing thoughts really grabbed me: "Now is the only now you will ever have, and you don't know how long it'll be there for."
  • I absolutely devoured Carissa's post on branding and using real names in social media over at GoodNCrazy. I've got a lot of things going on lately and I'm having a tough time keeping all these multiple personalities in line. On twiiter, I am @ASimpleWalk. When someone clicks to follow me from Cooking During Stolen Moments, I wonder if they even know who I am. And now, I have a new business to promote. My "brand" has grown beyond A Simple Walk. Unfortunately, @KateMiller is taken on twitter. Suggestions anyone??
  • So, um, speaking of that new business... I know I did the shameless self-promotion thing last week, but I hope you'll permit me to do it again this week. I officially launched Stolen Moments Menu Planning yesterday. My vision with this service is to provide budget-minded menu plans at a cost accesible to all. I hope you'll check it out. Maybe spread the word to anyone who could benefit from the service. I'd love to hear what you think too.
That's it for this week. I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

3 comments:

Lisa @ Crazy Adventures in Parenting 10:19 PM  

Aww, thank you for linking my post, I'm glad you liked it!

I, too, have TOTALLY been stalking Shannon and Ree with this visit. Is that your dream, too? :)

Carissa(GoodNCrazy) 1:49 PM  

Hey thanks for the link up m'dear!

Have you tried KateCooking, KatesMenus, KateMillerMenus, ??

I'm off to check the other links here!

Jessie Weaver 8:48 AM  

I'll admit that I followed you from CDSM, and for a while I was real confused about who A Simple Walk was! Now I follow both places and enjoy them very much. :)

I'll have to read that article.

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP