After spending a day on the couch, feeling like I couldn't possibly move, I'm ready to spend a night in bed curled up with my laptop and get caught up on some of my favorite blogs.
But first, I have to share the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. Today at the doctor's office, after my flu diagnosis was confirmed, he told to try to stay away from the kids. Seriously? Of course I don't want my children to get sick and I'm doing everything in my power to not breathe and cough and sneeze all over them. But stay away from them? Maybe he should tell that to my kids and not me.
Anyhow, back to the weekend linkage for your reading pleasure.
- Because I know I don't do this often enough myself, Christine's post about taking a time out definitely resonated with me. Why don't we moms do this more often with our kiddos?
- If you haven't read Jen's Frugal Fashionista series at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam. The latest installment has some great tips, and Jen shows off one awesome dress!
- Lynnae from Being Frugal is going to be homeschooling her children beginning next year. Her post, Our School Decision And How We Got There, does a fabulous job of explaining things. Definitely recommended reading for everyone, whether you homeschool or not.
- Shannon's post at Simply Mangerchine, The Things You Did At First... is full of wise advice and reminders. I need to remember to flirt with my husband more often!
- A friend of ours just started a blog, From the Crib to College. It is going to be wonderful! His first post Uhh, Surprise! tells a fantastic story. I hope you'll hop over there and show him some comment love and welcome him to the blogging world.