Friday, May 01, 2009

Weekend Linkage - I Have The Flu (But Not Swine Flu) Edition


After spending a day on the couch, feeling like I couldn't possibly move, I'm ready to spend a night in bed curled up with my laptop and get caught up on some of my favorite blogs.

But first, I have to share the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. Today at the doctor's office, after my flu diagnosis was confirmed, he told to try to stay away from the kids. Seriously? Of course I don't want my children to get sick and I'm doing everything in my power to not breathe and cough and sneeze all over them. But stay away from them? Maybe he should tell that to my kids and not me.

Anyhow, back to the weekend linkage for your reading pleasure.

  • Because I know I don't do this often enough myself, Christine's post about taking a time out definitely resonated with me. Why don't we moms do this more often with our kiddos?
  • If you haven't read Jen's Frugal Fashionista series at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam. The latest installment has some great tips, and Jen shows off one awesome dress!
  • Lynnae from Being Frugal is going to be homeschooling her children beginning next year. Her post, Our School Decision And How We Got There, does a fabulous job of explaining things. Definitely recommended reading for everyone, whether you homeschool or not.
  • Shannon's post at Simply Mangerchine, The Things You Did At First... is full of wise advice and reminders. I need to remember to flirt with my husband more often!
  • A friend of ours just started a blog, From the Crib to College. It is going to be wonderful! His first post Uhh, Surprise! tells a fantastic story. I hope you'll hop over there and show him some comment love and welcome him to the blogging world.
I hope you all have a fantastic weekend. I'll be home recovering. Maybe I'll even find some time to get caught up on commenting.

7 comments:

Sonshine 11:03 PM  

get to feeling better!!!!

Thanks for the links! :)

Sue 12:44 AM  

Hope you're feeling better soon and the rest of your family doesn't get sick!

Jennifer 9:29 PM  

So sorry you are sick! It is always so hard when mom is sick.

The Happy Housewife 11:00 PM  

I love Jen's frugal series too! I am loving her new clothes, esp the last dress with the wing sleeves! I want her to take me yard saling!
Sorry you are sick :(.
Toni

Jen@Balancing Beauty and Bedlam 12:01 PM  

Thanks for the linky love...are you feeling any better? Did you cozy up in bed?
I have something as well...coughing, sore throat - hoping it doesn't go to fever. My kids keep saying - "I think you have the swine flu." I bet you got that one as well. :)

Goat Gal 6:31 PM  

I hope you feel better now! I love the frugal fashionista link! Very helpful as I am revamping my wardrobe.

Unknown 5:53 PM  

Hope you're feeling better! Thanks for linking to my post!

Shannon

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP