Thursday, April 30, 2009

Frugality...4 Year Old Style

Do you ever feel like you've reached the end of your frugal repertoire and try as you might, you just can't come up with any good tips? Or maybe the tips are there, but they're buried beneath the fog of cold-addled brain?

You know what you should do if that situation ever arises? You should turn the frugal advice giving over to your 4 year old son. Because that's not being lazy, it's just making frugal use of your time and brain power.

So for your viewing pleasure, I present Alex, the boy with 10,000 toys who still knows a thing or two about frugality. (Please excuse his sniffling. We are sharing this cold right now.)

Alex Shares Some Frugal Tips from Kate Miller on Vimeo.



Ah, the financial wisdom of my 4 year old. Definitely a Finer Thing!



Stop by Amy's blog for more Finer Things Friday and then stop by Life As Mom for more Frugal Friday advice, although I bet you'll be hard pressed to find any advice better than Alex's.

15 comments:

Beth@Not a Bow in Sight 10:34 PM  

That's the best advice I've heard :)

What a cutie!

Goat Gal 10:50 PM  

Ok how cute is that! He is so good at talking on video! My son just puts his feet on his head and hides.

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam 1:01 AM  

You are too funny. He's got it down...don't spend. :)
Seriously, you are not really losing your frugal mojo, are you? :)

Jennifer 1:29 AM  

Aww! He just melts my heart. What a sweetie. He is smarter than most adults I know.

I also love your clip on forming a cooking club. I would really love to do that. A couple moms in my moms group are interested, but I have no idea where to begin. Can't wait to see the next clip.

Niki Jolene 1:30 AM  

Oh the cuteness! That was hands-down the best thing I've seen all week.

:)

Zion 1:32 AM  

Awesome, back to the basics. That was adorable.

Mom2fur 9:08 AM  

Good thing I already ate breakfast, 'cause I could just jump through the screen and eat him up!
What a smart 'foogal' boy you have! He could do TV commercials, he's so personable on camera.

Anonymous,  9:16 AM  

What a great idea! LoL Too cute!! Great advice from a foogal boy ;)

Mary Ann 10:54 AM  

Too cute!!!

Joelle 12:00 PM  

Too cute! Love it.

Troop Coordinator 3:07 PM  

What a cutie! I have a 4-year-old too, so I know all about that pre-school advice. :)

LS 3:41 PM  

My four year old girl enjoyed watching this with me!

Amy @ Finer Things 3:54 PM  

That is hilarious! You've got him trained well. ;-)

What's that word again? Cracks me up!

Michele @ Frugal Granola 6:44 PM  

Aww... what a cutie frugal boy! :) I love it!

Hope you all get well from your colds soon. We're just getting over one at our house, too.

Blessings,
Michele :)

annies home 8:44 PM  

out of the mouthes of babes

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP