Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Disney World Dreaming

Exactly a year and a half ago, we were in Disney World. And exactly 6 months from right now, we will be there again. I've spent the past few days looking at all the pictures from the "Magical Moms" weekend at Disney World, and I'm ready for those 6 months to fly by!

My parents love all things Disney. We took many wonderful vacations to Disney World throughout my childhood. Definitely some of my best childhood memories involve Disney in one way or another.

And we are so blessed that my parents want to create those same memories for their grandchildren now. This will be the third trip they've taken us all on. The first time there were only 3 grandkids. Last time and the time coming up, there are 7. (The kids are the 7 Dwarfs to Nana and Papa's Snow White and Prince Charming. It works perfectly!)

The planning has already begun for our trip in November. I'm sure I'll be posting about it a lot over the next 6 months. But for now, here's 13 pictures from our last trip.

Our villa at the Beach Club Vacation Club villas. I can not tell you how wonderful it was to have a kitchen. We were able to eat a nice big, protein-packed breakfast every morning before heading out to the parks.
This picture just makes me laugh. I'm not sure which is more amusing - Gracie pulling Isabelle's hair or Alex and Olivia looking like they're ready to bolt at any second.
Alex LOVED the monorail. He still talks about it all the time. Whenever we are driving on the highway, he says we are going as fast as the monorail.
This picture pretty much sums up the hours of enjoyment we had trying to get the kids to cooperate for a nice photo of the 4 of them.

Does it get any better than this?
Eric can tell you the location of every single bathroom on the Disney property. Because I had Gracie in my arms most of the time, he was the designated potty taker. Alex and Olivia had been potty trained just a few months at the time. So, potty stops were frequent - very, very frequent.
Eric is mighty proud of this picture, and rightly so. One of these days we'll get around to printing and framing it.
I think Bert was a little jealous.
Next stop...the bathrooms.
She has changed so much in the past year and a half. I love this picture though.
The boy loves Buzz Lightyear.
If you look close enough, you can see Eric and Isabelle - third row from the back.
There's is nothing like a nap in the stroller after a busy Disney day.

Stop by Happy To Be At Home or here for more Thursday Thirteen. And then stop by Jen's place for more Thousand Word Thursday or What Works For Us for more Photo Story Friday.

18 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart 7:02 AM  

Disney is a lot of fun. My brother works at Epcot in the Norway restaurant. He's the chef there. My husband hates Disney because of the crowds so my daughter and I go and ride the roller coasters at all the parks at least once a year. Making memories is so much fun isn't it?
I hope you have another great time.
Blessings,
Kim

Hoosier Homemade 8:57 AM  

How fun! My kids have never been there. I sure hope we go can this year.
Thanks for sharing!
~Liz

Kristi 9:01 AM  

Great shots. It's fun to relive our memories from two months ago while looking at your pictures.

Sue 9:05 AM  

I want to live at Disney World! I think my hubby might have issue with that.

How fun for you all to go again in 6 months time. Looks like you had a fantastic time last time. The villa kitchen was gorgeous! Nicer than my kitchen by far ;-)

I hope the next 6 months go quickly for you (but not too quickly as I'm not ready for winter again). In the meantime, continue to savor all you've already done & what's new & you'll want to attack once there!

Hugs

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet 9:13 AM  

What fun! :D We haven't been to Disney World with the kids yet. We took dd to Disneyland when she was little, but she wasn't old enough to appreciate it.

marcia@joyismygoal 9:32 AM  

Me too one year ago!1

I am Harriet 9:57 AM  

How fun!
I'm not real good on the high up ones though.

Mikki 10:16 AM  

OH I LOVE reading posts about families at Disney.
We basically have lived there the past couple years. Believe it or not my DH is the Disney lover in my family.
We have had passes and have gone probably over 500 times since we moved here.
It's such a great place to have a fun, safe, magical vacation!!
Great post. Loved all the pictures!

Mia Celeste 10:27 AM  

Oh, it looks like you had a wonderful trip. Happy TT!

Aisling 12:43 PM  

We've been to Euro Disney twice, but it was a few years ago now. Before we got a digital camera. I must scan those photos in some day!

jenn 12:49 PM  

Love the pictures! It's been too many years since I've been there.

Susan Cook 1:34 PM  

I love Disney World. We went aprox. 1 year ago this month! I'd love to go back soon.

Thanks for sharing. Happy TT!

annies home 4:57 PM  

looks like it would have been lots of fun

Alex the Girl 7:57 AM  

To infinity and beyond! What boy doesn't like buzz? Great photo story. I love the villa kitchen.

Carrie and Troy Keiser 11:25 AM  

I love the Disney butts and the wheel... too cute!
The castle shot is awesome -- FRAME it!

kayerj 2:05 PM  

what a fun trip! Here’s my photo story happy Friday!

Wayne 7:18 PM  

what a wonderful trip you must have had and I hope the next one is just as fun for you all

great photo friday

Courtney 7:30 PM  

I love Disney. We went last year as well and stayed with my parents at the beach club villas (as well as a couple nights at animal kingdom). Isn't a fabulous resort as well as being in dreamy disney world! we are going back this year too. I look forward to your "countdown" :)

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP