Monday, March 16, 2009

A Trip To The Henry Ford

For Christmas this year, my in-laws gave us a year long family pass to The Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village. We've been putting off our first trip due to Eric's busy schedule.
But now that his Saturday's are freed up, we knew it was time. So we tackled that this weekend.
Since the village is an outdoor experience, it is currently closed for the season until April. This actually worked to our benefit as it gave us more time to devote to the museum.
We took our time walking around and just seeing what we could see. Isabelle definitely got the most out of the trip, but all of the kids enjoyed themselves.
I want to cook in this kitchen! In fact, I want to live in this kitchen.What a fun day we had. I'm so glad we'll get to do it again (and again, and again). This is going to be a fun year. I envision lots of summer days spent here.I'm so grateful to my in-laws for giving us this unique and wonderful gift. Not only did they give us the gift of admissions, they also gave us the gift of creating fantastic memories with our kids. For more Gratituesday, visit Heavenly Homemakers.
For more Tackle-It Tuesday, visit 5 Minutes For Mom.
For more Talk About Tuesday, visit The Lazy Organizer.

15 comments:

A Christian Mom 10:21 PM  

I love history like this. Looks like it was a lot of fun!

Christina 10:29 PM  

The kitchen is beautiful! It looks like you had a lovely day.

Lora @ my blessed life 12:06 AM  

That is a great gift, Kate!! I've been there a couple of times as a kid and always loved it. Seeing your pics makes me want to take my kiddos, too. Someday when I'm back up that way...

Goat Gal 3:15 AM  

I agree! I want to live in that kitchen as well. Gorgeous!

Heidi Boos 3:21 AM  

What a great gift that the whole family can do together!!

Christiana 7:52 AM  

Looks like fun!

Jennifer 9:32 AM  

That looks like a great museum. I love memberships to places and we rotate each year where we get them. Since we have been in Ohio we have down a farm park once, the natural history museum one year and now the zoo. Don't forget about reciprocal memberships, you might be able to get into other museums for free with the Ford membership. makes them even more worthwhile.

Sonshine 10:05 AM  

We loved going through the museum! :)

OHHHH!!! I gotta make a point of getting back over there this year!! We went to the Museum a couple of years ago but didn't do the village!! I keep telling myself that hubby and I need to take the kids back over there to see the village! :) When AND if that might occur, I'll give you the heads up so maybe we can meet up! :)

Susie 10:41 AM  

What a fun tackle:-)

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet 10:49 AM  

HOw neat! Lovvvvveeee the kitchen! :D

Anonymous,  11:21 AM  

What a wonderful gift! I am going to remember the museum membership gift idea for some families I love next Christmas!

Anonymous,  4:47 PM  

I love Greenfield Village! We've done that twice (and never been able to finish it). Never done the museum, though. Looks like fun. Maybe next time I'm in MI I'll get to go again. :-)

Beth@Not a Bow in Sight 6:22 PM  

That's the type of place my dad always took us to growing up- what a great memory!

Jennifer 11:13 PM  

Isn't it soooo nice having your hubby home? Now that my hubby is working WAY less than he was we are actually able to go and do things with the kids. Today we had a great day, but he wasn't technically supposed to have the day off. He called in because he was having problems with his car and he had already woken up late. I am so glad that you are able to spend more time with your hubby as well! :)

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP