Friday, March 13, 2009

Pampers & Unicef: One Pack=One Vaccine

I know vaccines are a hotly debated topic. They've even been debated on a regular basis in my own house. But I believe this is one program we can all get behind, no matter our personal views. So, that topic is not up for debate right now.

The program I'd like to tell you about today is called the One Pack = One Vaccine initiative. Pampers has partnered with UNICEF to help provide life-saving tetanus shots to less-industrialized countries. Although highly preventable, "tetanus claims the lives of approximately 128,000 infants and 30,000 mothers in less industrialized nations each year – that’s approximately one death every four minutes."

From February 5 through May 1, 2009, parents in the U.S. and Canada have the opportunity to help UNICEF protect moms and babies around the world against tetanus by simply purchasing specially-marked packages of Pampers diapers and wipes. Each product they buy triggers one life-saving vaccine*. These specially marked packages of diapers and wipes cost the same as traditional products and are available wherever Pampers products are sold. For more information, go to: http://www.pampers.com/en_US/unicefhome

In addition to product, parents can also redeem a special campaign “baby body suit” or baby body suit using Gifts to Grow points though Pampers.com beginning in February – each baby body suit triggers a life-saving vaccine*. http://www.pampers.com/giftstogrow


It really couldn't be any easier. By simply buying products we need anyhow, we can help save lives. Next you need to buy diapers or wipes, just look for the specially marked packages like the one above. Each purchase will trigger the donation of a life-saving vaccine to a pregnant woman or a woman of child-bearing age in the less industrialized world.

Even if your family doesn't need diapers, why not pick up a few of the specially marked packages now to help with this program? The diapers and wipes can be donated or held onto to give as a baby shower gift.

To date, 3 million vaccines have been donated. The goal is 31 million. The power of the blogosphere is phenomenal, so I have no doubt we can help Pampers and UNICEF reach this goal. If you want to help spread the word, check out this page for widgets and other ideas.



I have 4 of the Pampers Baby Bodysuits to giveaway to 4 readers. They are all size 12 mos. They say "Together we can help save a life" on the front and the Pampers and UNICEF logos are on the bottom.

To enter the giveaway, just leave me a comment. And although it's not a requirement to enter, I strongly encourage you to visit here to help learn more and spread the word yourself.

3 comments:

Amber 9:37 AM  

I agree with your. Pampers are the only diapers I buy because I like this new system they are using. I love that I am helping other children. I have an 8 month old girl that would love that bodysuit too!

Goat Gal 6:14 PM  

Great job spreading the word! I buy Pampers all the time. Also there is a Pampers $2.00 off coupon on some boxes of Cheerios, so when you are buying breakfast keep that in mind folks!
(Oh and could I please be entered in your draw?)

Lighthouse Prayer Line 12:09 AM  

Hi Kate,

Very insightful post! You a have a beautiful family!

Hey. If you get the opportunity, would you
please pray for the many requests that may
be found on our main page?

May the Lord bless and enrich your ministry!! :)

Mark, Lynn, Brooke & Carley Seay
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org

ps - please consider "following" our blog -or- atleast
grab one of our free, linking, blue buttons (top
sidebar @ LighthousePrayerLine.org). Be
blessed and be a blessing!

pss - FREE subscription for animated gospel tracts at:
http://www.emailministry.webs.com

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP