Monday, February 09, 2009

Things I Love

There are so many things that I love and am simultaneously grateful for - so many things that make my life incredible in big and small ways.

  • I love my faith and all of the ways God's love is felt on a daily basis. I love teaching my children about the sacrifices of Jesus and how to grow in their own faith. I love knowing that I am never alone. I love having a Book to turn to that always has all of the answers.
  • I love my husband who laughs with me, supports me, loves me, and proudly proclaims that I am his best friend. I love my husband for being a remarkable father who loves his children and always makes time to play with them. I love his dedication and work ethic. I love that we still hold hands.
  • I love my children who make my life full, complete and ridiculously happy every single day. I love the delight my children take in simple things. I love that their eagerness to learn, share hugs and kisses, and laugh loudly and easily.
  • I love that my home is exactly as big as it needs to be. I love that it is a simple and comfortable refuge.
  • I love my parents who have always supported and encouraged me. I love that they were excited for my trip to Nashville. I love that they believe in me. I love knowing, even at 32, I am still their little girl.
  • I love blogging, the outlet it provides, and the inherent opportunities. I love the community of the blogosphere and the incredible friendships I've formed.
  • I love coffee. I love the way the last cup of the day tastes as good as the first. I love my coffee mugs that have been collected through the years and the memories tied to each. I love that Toni knows me well enough that she brought a bag of coffee with her to Blissdom, just so I could have my coffee-fix and so that she and Joy wouldn't have to deal with me without my caffeine!
  • I love homeschooling our children. I love the way their natural desire to learn can be nourished and encouraged. I love the books we study together and the impromptu lessons we enjoy together while just living our life. I love that we get to eat lunch together everyday. I love our lack of a strict time schedule that allows us to occasionally dawdle in the morning and stay in our pajamas until 10 o'clock (or later).
Stop by Heavenly Homemakers for more Gratituesday and Lara's blog for more Talk About Tuesday.

And then don't forget to join us all this week. Here's what you can expect to find each day.
Be sure to visit us each day, as there is a very nice prize involved that you won’t want to miss! Be sure to share your ideas, too! We could all use a little Valentine inspiration.

5 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart 6:06 AM  

I love all of those things in my own life as well.
Don't you just love being a Mom and having a family?
HUGS.
Kim

Dreamer 9:26 AM  

What a nice post for Valentine's day. I think I need to start this tradition on my own blog. Thanks for the inspiration

Lindy 10:03 AM  

Great post! We all need to think more about what we have as opposed to what we don't have. When I stop and think about it, I realize I have everything that I need.

Jen 10:50 AM  

I loved your list. Great post. Have a wonderful day.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet 11:47 AM  

Great list! That is great that Toni brought you coffee. :D LOL!

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP