For some reason, my cooking has been heavy in the pizza-taste department lately. And none of those meals have included actual pizza. Tonight's dinner was no exception.
This dinner was super easy and the kids loved it. It also made enough that we'll have leftovers for lunch one day this week. Leftovers are so rare around our house that I always get a little excited when I make a dish that we don't actually finish in one meal.
I opted to use pizza toppings that we all like, but I'm sure you could substitute your favorites.
Pizza Pasta Bake
- 1 lb. penne rigate or mostacolli, fully cooked and drained
- 1 c. ricotta cheese
- 3 c. marinara sauce (homemade or from a jar)
- 30 slices pepperoni
- 1/2 c. sliced mushrooms (I used canned, but only because that's what I had on hand)
- 1/2 c. sliced black olives
- 1 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
2. Pour marinara sauce over pasta. Top with pepperoni, mushrooms and olives. Add shredded mozzarella cheese on top.3. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until warmed through and cheese is melted.
For more great recipes, stop by Blessed With Grace for Tempt My Tummy Tuesday and Forever...Wherever for Tasty Tuesday and The Grocery Cart Challenge.