Monday, February 16, 2009

Pizza Pasta Bake

For some reason, my cooking has been heavy in the pizza-taste department lately. And none of those meals have included actual pizza. Tonight's dinner was no exception.

This dinner was super easy and the kids loved it. It also made enough that we'll have leftovers for lunch one day this week. Leftovers are so rare around our house that I always get a little excited when I make a dish that we don't actually finish in one meal.

I opted to use pizza toppings that we all like, but I'm sure you could substitute your favorites.

Pizza Pasta Bake

  • 1 lb. penne rigate or mostacolli, fully cooked and drained
  • 1 c. ricotta cheese
  • 3 c. marinara sauce (homemade or from a jar)
  • 30 slices pepperoni
  • 1/2 c. sliced mushrooms (I used canned, but only because that's what I had on hand)
  • 1/2 c. sliced black olives
  • 1 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Combine hot pasta with ricotta cheese and stir until cheese is melted and smooth. Pour into a 13x9 casserole dish.
2. Pour marinara sauce over pasta. Top with pepperoni, mushrooms and olives. Add shredded mozzarella cheese on top.3. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes, until warmed through and cheese is melted.
For more great recipes, stop by Blessed With Grace for Tempt My Tummy Tuesday and Forever...Wherever for Tasty Tuesday and The Grocery Cart Challenge.

13 comments:

Elizabeth 10:06 PM  

Ooooh, that looks so easy and yummy!!

Deanna 10:21 PM  

The two ingredients I don't have are going straight onto my grocery list so I can make this for my boys this week! They will LOVE this!

Brenda 8:39 AM  

Definately something I want to try. Looks easy and delicious

Jerralea 11:20 AM  

This looks like a good dish to take to a potluck. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace 11:34 AM  

This looks and sounds wonderfully yummy. Thanks. We absolutely LOVE pasta.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet 11:49 AM  

This sounds delish and so easy!! Thanks for sharing!!

Brooke 2:32 PM  

that looks incredible!! :)

Jane Anne 3:44 PM  

I am definitely trying it. Pizza is one thing that my whole family (all 6 of us!) love! This is a great twist on a favorite.

My latest post: Tasty Tuesday: Maple Pork

Tasha 5:58 PM  

That sounds great!

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home 8:44 PM  

Great recipe. Thanks for sharing!

A happy heart at home 12:38 AM  

Mmm, looks delicious and easy, too. Thanks for posting it.

~Susan

Deanna 5:55 PM  

This is in the oven now. My youngest son helped me make it and he can't wait to taste it! Soooo easy!

Erica 10:32 AM  

This looks delicious and simple. Thanks for sharing.

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP