Wednesday, February 18, 2009

On Writing A Book

Two years ago, during our internet-free days, I began outlining and writing a book. It was called "Cooking During Stolen Moments - An Affair With My Kitchen." Sound familiar?

The book writing got pushed aside in favor of blogging and I don't regret that for one second. But when I attended the Book Deals session at Blissdom, my interest in was piqued again.

I've actually dreamt of writing since I was a little girl. I started my first fiction book in 4th grade. I still have the notebooks somewhere I'm sure. My interest has shifted from writing fiction to non-fiction, but it's still there nonetheless.

Have you ever thought about writing? Maybe you've considered turning your blogging into a book deal. Well, over at Happy To Be At Home, I'm sharing everything I learned during the book deal session at Blissdom. Here is Part 1 and Part 2.

5 comments:

Tracey 9:08 AM  

I'm heading over to read your posts about book writing. I have just started blogging, but, like you, have stories that I wrote as a kid in notebooks stored somewhere. I'll be waiting to hear about the release of your first book!

Amanda 9:53 AM  

I always dreamed of writing. I was going to be the best children's book writer ever. Then I was going to be an amazing novelist crafting the best stories out of nothing.

I settled for compiling recipes from my family members and putting them in a cookbook for christmas last year. It was fun, but a lot of work.

The writing bug hasn't left, but I don't think I will be embarking on another writing adventure like that anytime soon!

God Bless

Shynea @ Penny Pinching Diva 2:50 PM  

OMG! Thank you so much for these posts. I am heading over there to read them right now. I have been a writer since I learned that letters went together to form words. When I was younger, I use to illustrate my writing as well. Thank you once again for writing about what you learned at Blissdom.

Jennifer 8:43 PM  

I think you have a great idea for a book and you should totally do it. You are a good writer.

Jennifer 7:05 AM  

If you wrote that book I would buy it in a hearbeat!

I too have always wanted to write. So much so that I didn't have enough writing homework. I would also do my friend's papers :) and they always had comments from the teacher about how their writing has suddenly improved! :)

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP