Sunday, February 01, 2009

Menu Plan - Week of 2/02

We are going to be eating fairly simply for the early part of this week. I'll be busy finishing stocking the freezer (and enjoying freezer food made in January) for the trip to Blissdom, and doing all the other things that go along with that. Right at the top of that list is fitting in some extra time to cuddle with my kiddos and spend time with Eric.

Eric and the kids will me to the airport early Thursday morning and pick me up early Sunday afternoon. My plan is to have as much made ahead of time as I can, whether it's in the freezer or the refrigerator. My brother-in-law will be giving the kids dinner one night, and my father-in-law will be doing it the other, so I want things to be as easy as possible for everyone.

Breakfast

  • M - Pancakes & smoothies
  • T - Cinnamon-apple stuffed French toast (from the freezer)
  • W - Sunshine toast
  • Th - Morning glory muffins (from the freezer) in the car
  • F - Oatmeal
  • S - Pancakes (from the freezer) with peanut butter
  • Su - Eric and the kids will probably pick up something on the way to the airport

Lunch

  • M - Tuna pasta, oranges
  • T - Quesadillas (using Monday's leftovers), pears
  • W - Leftovers or cheese, peanut butter, crackers and apple slices
  • Th - Sandwiches, yogurt
  • F - Easy mac & cheese (in the fridge), peaches
  • S - English muffin pizzas (in the freezer), applesauce
  • Su - T.B.D.

Dinner

  • M - Chicken & black bean tacos (from the freezer)
  • T - Spaghetti & meatballs (from the freezer)
  • W - Chicken stir-fry over brown rice
  • Th - Chicken cacciatore (in the freezer) over spaghetti, breadsticks (in the freezer)
  • F - BBQ beef & bean cornbread casserole (in the freezer), maple-glazed carrots (in the freezer)
  • S - Dad's choice - Hot dogs, tator tots, corn
  • Su - T.B.D.

2 comments:

Nancy 9:31 AM  

Sounds like you've got everything planned for Eric and the other caregivers. Enjoy your getaway.

Michelle 9:54 PM  

Someday I will have everything in the freezer like you---you're my hero! :) Have a safe trip!

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP