Sunday, February 22, 2009

Menu Plan Monday - Week of 2/23


We had a busy weekend. We were out of the house all day Saturday. Sunday was full of lots of work around the house. So I haven't really taken much time to plan out our menu for the week. Right now, I'm just kind of winging it.



My last-minute plan is to use some of the freezer meals made earlier this month. I'm thinking I'd like to keep the rest of the week fairly easy too. It's time to restock some breakfast foods in the freezer though, so I'll get to that througout the week. Then I'll start planning for next month.



This is one of my favorite weeks of the year because Tuesday is Paczki day! 99% of the world knows it as Mardi Gras. But when you're Polish, that is not nearly as important as indulging in the fantastic Paczki. My diet will be forgotten on Tuesday for sure!


Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner

  • M - Chili mac, cornbread
  • T - Chicken & black bean tacos, Paczki for dessert
  • W - Curry chickpeas over rice
  • Th - Ham & cheese frittata, spinach
  • F - Florentine stuffed shells, breadsticks
  • S - TBD - something fun for movie nigt - maybe just pigs in a blanket, popcorn & root beer floats
  • Su - Beef & broccoli stir-fry, wontons

Stop by Org Junkie for more Menu Plan Monday.

2 comments:

Mom 10:59 AM  

Enjoy your dessert! I'd love to get my hands on some (beside the glorified jelly donuts they try to pass off at the grocery store)...to heck with the diet. ;)

Michelle 7:24 PM  

I love seeing your menus....I get a lot of ideas from them!

Have a great week!

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP