Thursday, February 05, 2009

Good-Bye Kisses and Hugs

The excitement of my children over my trip to Blissdom has equally matched my own. They have been asking for days when I am going to Tennessee and when their Muncle Michael and grandpa are coming to eat dinner with them. They helped me get ready and excitedly listened to me tell them all of the plans for the weekend.

As excited as we've all been though, I was a little worried about how this morning would go. Considering I can count the number of times I've been away from home without all the kids on 2 fingers, I was worried there might be some separation anxiety.

Instead, I got big hugs, lots of kisses and smiles. Isabelle told me to have fun. Alex told me I looked beautiful. Olivia whispered that she would miss me. Gracie cried for about 10 seconds then said "Mama...bye!" And that was it. I even kept my composure, although I get a feeling it was harder for me then the kids.

I walked into the airport proud of my children and thrilled with the little people they've become. The encouragement and love of my children is definitely one of the Finer Things!

Don't forget to stop by Amy's blog and share one of the finer things in your life.

7 comments:

Anonymous,  11:14 PM  

So, how did you keep your composure while WRITING that?!? I didn't do so well reading it... ;-)

JessieLeigh 9:25 AM  

*Sniff*... I'm with Amy!

That is so incredibly sweet and you have good reason to be proud!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet 9:30 AM  

That is so sweet! It is a blessing to have wonderful children that show how much they love you. :D

MrsCoach 4:24 PM  

I love it! I have yet to leave my children (other than at school) but when I do I'm hoping it goes the same way! Very sweet!

Shynea @ Penny Pinching Diva 8:15 PM  

I am so glad that you children took your leaving so well. I know my youngest boys would have been in tears. Not so much my oldest two sons. They would have happily saw me off, seeing as their grandparents would spoil them for a few days. I hope you have alot of fun at Blissdom. Please report back and take lots of pictures.

Meredith 11:58 PM  

I didn't even leave the city...and it was exciting to come back home to the kids tonight.

They both ran to give me hugs--it was like the rock star treatment their dad gets!

Anonymous,  12:54 PM  

I hope you are having a TON of FUN and learning LOTS. What a blessing you had with your children sending you off with such love ! You are blessed.

I look forward to you sharing when you come back.

Blessings in Him<><
-Mary

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP