Wednesday, February 04, 2009

13 Reasons I Love Having 4 Kids

  1. We're even. When we go out as a family, Eric has 2 kids and I have 2 kids.
  2. There is always someone to talk to or cuddle.
  3. If I'm not available for talking or cuddling, chances are a brother or sister is.
  4. We have an abundant supply of hand-me-downs.
  5. Many hands make light work.
  6. I get more hugs and kisses in any given day then I know what to do with!
  7. Food rarely has a chance to go bad.
  8. Quiet is overrated.
  9. The kids have built-in best friends and when they buddy-up, no one is excluded.
  10. I like truly "needing" a mini-van.
  11. I always have at least one willing helper.
  12. Four kids working together can make one pretty awesome fort with couch cushions.
  13. My life is never boring and my heart is always full.
Head over to Happy To Be At Home to link up with your own Thursday {Thirteen} post.

8 comments:

Jennifer 12:35 AM  

You totally just made my ovaries ache!

Linda 1:49 AM  

I can't find how to play!

Michelle 2:41 AM  

lol...I can't say that my ovaries ache, as now that I'm DIAPER FREE it makes me really content with 2, but I am so thrilled for your children and what a wonderful family they will have to support each other when they grow up!

And couch cushion forts rock!!

Jennifer 9:08 AM  

I would have to agree with everything you just said. 4 kids is awesome!

JessieLeigh 9:08 AM  

My mom is one of 4 kids and she loved it for many of the same reasons! This list made me excited to welcome my third little one in a few months. :)

Anonymous,  9:18 AM  

Amen- I love having several children myself. At the moment it is even at 6, but baby is about to throw that out the window. LOL

Mikki 9:30 AM  

What a great post!! I loved reading this.
I had to turn off the news this morning in disgust because they keep talking about the lady in CA who had the 8 kids. It's such a shame when our world starts thinking that have a lot of kids is a BAD thing. Ugh..

So praise you for enjoying your blessings!!

Untypically Jia 6:56 PM  

Hey Kate, I gave you an award over at my blog!

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP