Monday, December 01, 2008

My Kids Have Very Cool Cousins

This week, I want to share a little gratitude on behalf of my children. They had so much fun spending time with their cousins while we were visiting my family.

For at least a week leading up to our trip, they included their excitement over seeing their cousins in their nightly prayers. They counted down the days and their joy was palpable during the drive.

I know they are so grateful to have such wonderful and fun cousins. And I am grateful for the love that they all share with each other and the relationships that they are building.

Alex is so enamored with my nephew that he literally stands right next to him, as close as he can get, whenever the opportunity arises. Fortunately, my nephew tolerates this remarkably well. They are even starting to play together. Although they are only 4 years apart, the age difference has been enough in the past that Alex couldn't really join in the play with the older kids. Not this time though! It was really neat to watch, and I am so thankful for the patience of my nephew. He really made his cousin's weekend.

Visit Laura's blog for more Gratituesday.

3 comments:

Christina 1:07 AM  

What a wonderful experience!

Donna 2:36 PM  

How sweet!
Cousins are the greatest!

Anonymous,  12:53 PM  

I love to watch little ones try to win the attention and affection of someone they admire. I've learned a lot about grown ups through watching those moments.

This is my first visit to your blog. I came from GratiTuesday. I like what you're doing here. May God bless your efforts to raise a godly family.

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP