Monday, December 29, 2008

I Save The "Big" Projects For The Weeks That Do NOT Have Two of The Biggest Holidays Of The Year

So with that in mind, this week's tackle was a simple thing. But honestly, it was so important because it has been bothering me for weeks now.

Usually, the top of my microwave doubles as my kitchen office space. That's where I keep the family calendar and any important papers that require some kind of action on my part.

However, for at least the past month, it has been just one big, messy heap of papers. I couldn't even get to my calendar without spending 10 minutes moving things around. That spot had just been neglected as I focused on holiday-related things in the kitchen.

Eric helped me out by doing the majority of the sorting and throwing away. Then all I had to do was put stuff that did not belong in the kitchen away and rearrange the stuff that does belong there.

A very simple project to be sure, but I can't tell you how much better it feels to actually be able to see my calendar. (Which, by the way, was still on November!)

Stop by 5 Minutes For Mom for more Tackle-It Tuesday.

9 comments:

Christina 12:54 AM  

Smart. Somtimes it's those little projects that get put off but that need to be taken care of SO badly!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart 6:23 AM  

Great job. I think "paper" clutter is the worse thing to tackle. I would rather just burn it all lol.
Hugs.
Kim

Jodi 9:16 AM  

Nice job!

Mrs. Frogster 10:56 AM  

I'll bet it feels good to get that done! I hate paper messes!

na 11:26 AM  

When I finally located my calendar last week...it was still on November too!

Great tackle...no job is too small!

Anonymous,  11:56 AM  

Papers just makes things look messy.

Anonymous,  12:23 PM  

Doesn't it feel great to have that cleaned up?

Maddy 12:39 PM  

Good for you. I should do likewise. Sometimes just tackling something manageable is better than doing nothing at all! I should take a leaf out of your book, or rather remove all the books and leaves that are cluttering up my whole kitchen.
Best wishes

Jena Webber 1:11 PM  

I bet that feels good to get that done!! Paper clutter piles are hUGE!!

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP