Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Bloggy Progressive Dinner - Main Course

This is the second course in a row for which I have no pictures of the recipes I'm sharing. Sorry! But even without pictures, the recipes are just too good to not share.

Amy is hosting the main course over at The Finer Things In Life today. She is serving up a delicious looking beef brisket, twice-baked potatoes (one of my personal all time favorites!), green beans and rolls.

Here is a great main dish recipe that I love to prepare, serve, and eat!

Stuffed Chicken Rolls

  • 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • salt & pepper, to taste
  • 6 slices thinly sliced deli ham
  • 12 slices Parmesan or Swiss cheese
  • 1 c. flour
  • 1/2 c. melted butter or margarine
  • 1 c. bread crumbs
  • 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 t. Italian seasoning
  • 1 t. garlic salt
  • 1/2 t. black pepper
1. Place each chicken breast into its own plastic baggie and pound flat, until paper thin. (You can use anything from a meat mallet, rolling pin, or can of food for this job.) Carefully remove chicken from bag. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Layer one piece of ham and 2 slices of cheese on top of each chicken breast. Roll up and secure with one or two toothpicks.
3. Place flour in one shallow bowl, melted butter in another bowl, and in a third bowl, combine remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Dredge each chicken roll in the flour, then the butter and finally the breadcrumb mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until done.

The fun thing with this recipe is that once you get the method down, there are limitless variations. Try pepperoni and mozzarella, fresh basil and goat cheese, or asparagus and Swiss cheese. There are so many options. Have fun with it! If you're serving it for company, you might even consider a few different fillings to give your guests more options.

Now, head on over to Amy's to read her wonderful recipes and link up with your own. Also, make sure to leave a comment and enter her giveaway for any ebook from the fantastic selection at Heavenly Homemakers.

And just in case you are just joining the Bloggy Progressive Dinner, here is what you've missed so far, and what is still to come. We are each hosting our own giveaways too, so make sure you enter!

  • 12/15 Joy serves drinks at Five J’s
  • 12/16 Kate serves appetizers at A Simple Walk
  • 12/17 JessieLeigh serves salad at Parenting the Tiniest of Miracles
  • 12/18 Amy serves the main course The Finer Things in Life
  • 12/19 Toni serves dessert at The Happy Housewife
  • 4 comments:

    FishMama 9:55 PM  

    That sounds really yummy! Wish I had someone to make that for me. ;)

    Unknown 10:58 PM  

    Mmm this sounds yummy. What a great idea this progressive dinner is. Happy Holidays!

    Lora @ my blessed life 11:46 PM  

    This sounds like a wonderful recipe! I think I have to try it:) Thanks!

    Unknown 10:25 AM  

    Sounds great! Fresh sage, proscuitto and provolone cheese are my favorite stuffing cominations... traditionally it would be a Saltimbocca, yum!

    Shannon

    A Grammatical Disclaimer

    I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
    1. I like run-on sentences.
    2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
    3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

    I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

    Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

    Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

      © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP