Wednesday, December 17, 2008

13 Christmas Activities We Haven't Gotten To Yet


...but we hope to over the next week.

I can't believe Christmas is a week away already. How on earth did that happen? If anyone could explain that to me, I would really appreciate it. There are still so many things I want to (or absolutely must) do during this next week. This is just a few on my list.

  1. Finish round 2 of Christmas baking. This includes at least 6 more varieties.
  2. Make a few different batches of fudge and some candies. It's been a few years since I made fudge and I'm ready to do it again. I have come across so many great fudge and candy recipes on some of my favorite blogs lately that I really want to try.
  3. Make and decorate chocolate pretzel rods and package for some of Eric's clients.
  4. Make a about 10 dozen pierogi for Christmas eve. I think this is going to be date night at home material for Eric and I on Saturday night. I just love planning these uber-romantic nights!
  5. Finish shopping for Christmas presents.
  6. Go for a nighttime drive with the kids to look at all the lights.
  7. Watch some classic movies - It's A Wonderful Life (my personal favorite), Holiday Inn (my 2nd favorite), A Christmas Story, The Grinch Who Stole Christmas (the cartoon version), Rudolph and Santa Claus is Coming to Town.
  8. Read the remaining Christmas books that we haven't gotten to yet.
  9. Pull our nativity scenes out and walk through the story with the kids.
  10. Drink a glass of eggnog.
  11. Make mini-blinis and cinnamon rolls for Christmas breakfast.
  12. Help the kids choose at least 4 toys each to donate. (We need to clear out some of the old toys before we bring the new ones in.)
  13. Finish teaching the kids how to sing "Jingle Bells," "Frosty The Snowman," "Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer," "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town," and "Away In A Manger."
Head over here for more Thursday 13.

6 comments:

Anonymous,  9:02 PM  

You've still got lots to do!

NotJustAMom 9:15 PM  

I have a ton of baking to do as well. Including a couple batches of peanut butter fudge.

The chocolate pretzel rods sound good. I think the kids may like them. I may just try it!

Happy TT!

Anonymous,  10:05 PM  

14. Give me serious guilt that I'm not even thinking about doing all the stuff on your list.


Merry Christmas from She Lives!

Send fudge!

Delighted Mom 8:07 AM  

Oh-I would LOVE your perogi recipe!!!

Niki Jolene 5:35 PM  

Oooh, It's a Wonderful Life!

I didn't think I would have the time to watch it this year but now that I have the flu I guess I do.

Thorne 11:45 PM  

It's a Wonderful Life is my traditional late christmas eve movie while I finish up stockings and last minute gift wrapping with my kitties' help.

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP