Every night before bedtime I say the same 4 words to my children. And every night, those 4 little words work their magic. The words? "You know the drill."
I say these words to my kids as they finish up their desserts and I finish washing our dishes from dinner. That is their trigger to start winding down and getting ready for bed.
The drill in our house consists of:
- Finishing dessert quickly and bringing the dishes to mom
- A final clean-up time for the day
- Going potty, washing hands and faces, and brushing teeth
- Getting pajamas and putting them on
- Meeting on the couch for before-bed prayers
That's how the drill works for me every single night. What works for you?
Head over to Rocks In My Dryer for more Works For Me Wednesday.