Sunday, November 16, 2008

Poppy Seed Cranberry Bread


This is one of our favorite breakfast breads. I don't make it as often as I like because I always seem to run out of poppy seeds, but whenever I remember to buy them, this is my favorite way to use them.

  • 2 1/2 c. flour
  • 3/4 c. sugar
  • 2 T. poppy seeds
  • 3 t. baking powder
  • 1/2 t. salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1 c. milk
  • 1/3 c. butter, melted
  • 2 t. vanilla or 1 t. almond extract
  • 1/2 c. dried cranberries, diced
1. In a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In a second bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, butter, and vanilla or almond extract. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Fold in the cranberries.
3. Pour batter into a loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes, or until done.

Icing (optional)
  • 1/2 c. powdered sugar
  • 2 t. milk
1. Whisk together sugar and milk. Drizzle over cooled bread.

I have made this bread without the cranberries before and it is still delicious.

Head over to Happy To Be At Home for more Scrumptious Sunday Swap. You can link any recipe from your blog too - whether new or from your archives.

And on Tuesdays, head over to Blessed With Grace to participate in another fun recipe swap meme - Tempt My Tummy Tuesday. There are always lots of great recipes linked!

2 comments:

Shynea @ Penny Pinching Diva 10:40 PM  

All of the recipes that you have been posting lately sound so good. It looks like I am going to be making a lot of extra trips to the grocery store this month so I can do some extra baking at home.

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace 2:58 PM  

This sounds great. Your link was going to the wrong site (Pillsbury Coupon site). I fixed it, and should be linking back to you, now. It has been that kind of day, with Mr. Linky. So glad you keep joining us, for TMTT.

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP