Sunday, November 16, 2008

Menu Plan - Week of 11/17

My plans last week to make 1 batch of cookie dough a day fell through, so I'm going to try again this week. Actually, I'm at a point where I can't just try anymore. I have to get it done if I'm going to have everything ready when we go to my parent's house for Thanksgiving. The rest of the week in the kitchen will be pretty routine.

Breakfast

  • M - Spiced pancakes w/ apple cider syrup
  • T - Coffeecake & smoothies
  • W - Sunshine toast
  • Th - Oatmeal & smoothies
  • F - French toast from freezer
  • S - Ricotta & honey stuffed crepes
  • Su - Cinnamon rolls

Lunch

  • M - Pizza grilled cheese, peaches
  • T - At Great Harvest Bread w/homeschooling group for a field trip
  • W - Easy mac & cheese, apple slices
  • Th - Tuna melts, grapes
  • F - Leftovers
  • S - Quesadillas, pears, yogurt
  • Su - Mushroom barley soup

Dinner

  • M - Sausage, spinach & cheese quiche (recipe below), Parmesan popovers
  • T - Olive stuffed shells, breadsticks *We didn't get to this last week. I'm really looking forward to it though, so I had to carry it over.
  • W - Snowy picnic: Deviled chicken fingers, German potato salad, celery & carrot sticks
  • Th - Cheesy pasta casserole, tossed salad
  • F - White chicken chili
  • S - Stromboli, homemade potato chips, cinnamon apples
  • Su - Ranch ham skillet, batter rolls

Photobucket
Sausage, Spinach & Cheese Quiche

  • 1 pie crust for single crust pie
  • 1 T. butter or margarine
  • 1/2 green pepper, diced
  • 1/2 onion, diced
  • 2 c. frozen spinach
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 c. milk
  • 1/2 lb. bulk sausage or 1 pkg. brown & serve sausage, sliced
  • 1 t. salt
  • 1/2 t. pepper
  • 1/2 t. mustard powder
  • 1/4 t. cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 t. nutmeg
  • 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and prebake empty pie shell in pie plate for 3 minutes.
Photobucket

2. Melt butter in a skillet. Add the green pepper and onion to the pan. Cook until onion is tender. Add frozen spinach and cook until warmed through. Set aside and cool.

Photobucket

3. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Stir in veggie mixture and sausage. Stir in seasonings and cheese.
Photobucket
4. Pour into pie plate. Bake at 425 degrees for 5-10 minutes, until crust edges are browned. Remove from oven and cover edges with tin foil. Put back in oven and back for 30-40 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let sit for 5 minutes before cutting.
Photobucket

Parmesan Popovers
Photobucket

  • 3 eggs
  • 1 c. milk
  • 1 c. sifted flour
  • 1/2 t. salt
  • 1/8 t. cayenne pepper
  • 12 t. Parmesan cheese

1. Generously butter a 12-cup muffin tin (bottoms & sides). Whisk eggs until fluffy. Stir in milk, flour, and seasonings just until combined. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Let muffin tin sit for about 30 minutes, until room temperature.

2. Place muffin tin in a 425 degree oven and bake for 35 minutes. Do NOT open the oven while baking.

15 comments:

Anonymous,  11:23 PM  

I wanted to leave a message at Happy To Be @ Home but was having trouble...anyway just wanted to comment on the popovers. I love them and never thought to try and make them myself, they look so easy! Thanks for sharing!

Mandy 11:25 PM  

Ohhh, what yummy recipes! Thanks for sharing your quiche!

Anonymous,  11:26 PM  

I keep bookmarking those batter rolls but I haven't made them yet. Your popovers look great!

Anonymous,  12:38 AM  

You might want to fix the (see Joy's recipe above) since there is no Joy's recipe above on your post :)

CC 5:22 AM  

Spiced pancakes with apple cider syrup??? Can I come over to eat???

and the idea for new cookie dough each day. Brilliant! I need to try that one. Oh wait, it is for gifts? Not for eating daily? ;)

Anonymous,  7:21 AM  

We love quiche, but usually I'm too lazy for a crust and pretend we're low carbing it. ;)

heidi 9:56 AM  

Great menu!! Those popovers look easy and yummy - thanks!

Nancy 10:28 AM  

The quiche recipes looks very good. I'm adding to my (large) pile of recipes to try!

Anonymous,  12:08 PM  

Parmesan popovers? YUM!

Anonymous,  1:54 PM  

Tag.


Oh, that popover sure looks good.

Donna 2:42 PM  

Oh how I love quiche! Looks great!

Bonnie 3:51 PM  

that quiche looks amazing !!!

Sonshine 5:11 PM  

I am not big on quiche but it looks good as does the rest of your menu!

Have a great week! Thanks for stopping by! :)

Lora @ my blessed life 10:18 PM  

Mmmm...quiche & popovers! What a treat!

Unknown 1:35 PM  

I made your Brownie Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cups (or something like that) that you posted a few weeks ago this past weekend and they were delicious! I'm going to make them again to bring to a holiday party.

Next I'm going to have to try that delicious quiche recipe! Keep 'em coming.

Shannon

A Grammatical Disclaimer

I freely admit to consistently using improper grammar in the following areas:
1. I like run-on sentences.
2. I have a tendency to end sentences with a pronoun. (I really do. I can't help it.)
3. I always seem to use passive voice in my sentences. (See?)

I've been trying to break this habit, unsuccessfully, for years, so now I just accept that as my writing style, and since I'm not writing for grades anymore, I embrace it. (Again, see?)

Hence, I invoke Blogger Artistic License for this blog!

Copyright 2008. A Simple Walk. All Rights Reserved.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP